Florida’s largest maker event, Maker Faire Orlando, will celebrate its fifth anniversary in 2016 with a slew of big changes.
How big? A new date, new venue, and more space for community maker groups.
The two-day family-friendly celebration will be held on October 22nd and 23rd, and it will move to the Central Florida Expo Park (Fairgrounds).
They’ve reserved the entire facility, including all the expo space (4 buildings) and a 50k sq. ft. covered pavilion. As a result, there will be more space for each Maker, and more parking spaces, too.
Even though Maker Faire Orlando is moving from the Orlando Science Center, they stress the OSC will still be a part of the event.
“The OSC team is awesome – they have embraced the event and the maker community as part of their mission to “Inspire Science Learning for Life”, and we look forward to including the OSC team, and OSC members in Maker Faire Orlando for many years,” said the organization in a statement about the move.
Finally, Maker Faire Orlando looks to lower ticket prices for their 2016 event, which will encourage more people to check out the event and all the great Maker exhibits.
For more information, visit makerfaireorlando.com.
- The Masked Singer National Tour Comes to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center This Summer .. #TheMaskedSinger @DrPhillipsCtr - February 17, 2020
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Valentine’s Day 2020 in Orlando and Central Florida .. #ValentinesDay - February 9, 2020
- Orlando Wetlands Festival Returns To Fort Christmas Historical Park Feb 15, 2020 .. @CityBeautiful #VisitOrlando - February 8, 2020