Yesterday we told you about the all-new ICE! that will be coming to the Gaylord Palms Resort this holiday season, now here are the rest of the reasons this year’s Christmas at Gaylord Palms will be a must-do.
So, a display of nearly 2 million pounds of hand-carved ice isn’t enough for you? Gaylord Palms isn’t done yet.
For starters, Alpine Rush Snow Tubing is returning to the resort for the holidays. Once again there will be an 18’ 8-lane giant snow hill created with 1.5 million pounds of real Florida snow to slide down. I did this last year and I think I enjoyed it as much as the kids.
The Elf on the Shelf is popular with kids, so I think families will enjoy the all new The Elf on the Shelf Scavenger Hunt. Participants will follow clues and scan the hotel to spot the 10 scout elves who have landed at Gaylord Palms. By solving puzzles and finding all of the elves, guests will reveal the elves’ names so they can report back to Santa. All families that complete the scavenger hunt will win a special prize.
Also new to Christmas at Gaylord Palms is the stage show Cirque Dreams Unwrapped. Broadway director and Cirque Dreams founder Neil Goldberg is bringing the famed entertainment brand to Orlando for the first time in the company’s 22 years with this exclusive show.
Cirque Dreams Unwrapped will feature an array of seasonal characters brought to life via imaginative costumes, stage sets, and acrobatics both on stage and in the air. The show will run about 25 minutes and will entertain kids of all ages.
Alpine Village, the holiday attraction hub, will feature photos with Santa, the Gingerbread Decorating Corner presented by PEEPS ®, Snowy’s Snack Shack and holiday shopping galore. Mrs. Santa will appear during the all-new Brunch with Mrs. Claus at the award-winning Villa de Flora.
If that’s not enough, wander through the atrium’s lush gardens (over 500,000 plants) sprinkled with poinsettias, grand holiday displays, the famous 54-foot-tall majestic Christmas tree and more than 2 million twinkling lights.
Add all that to ICE! 2015, which will be themed for the famous holiday poem ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas, and you can see why I say Christmas at Gaylord Palms is a must-do this holiday season.
Christmas at Gaylord Palms runs from November 24, 2015 through January 3, 2016, including all holidays during that time period.
It is free to watch Cirque Dreams Unwrapped, see the nightly tree lighting at 6:15pm in the atrium, and wander the Alpine Village. No word yet on pricing for the The Elf on the Shelf Scavenger Hunt. Parking at the Gaylord Palms is $18 plus tax for self-parking.
Tickets are now on sale for ICE! featuring ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas and the Alpine Rush Snow Tubing are now on sale. Advance discounted price for ICE! is $28.99 adults/$26.99 seniors (55+)/$14.99 children (ages 4-12). Expect to pay a little more at the door. Advance combo ICE! and Snow Tubing tickets are $45.94 adults/$43.94 seniors (55+)/$31.94 children (ages 4-12).
There is also Freezin’ Season Pass offering unlimited visits to ICE! for $55 adults/$35 children or $90 adults with parking included (this is a deal since parking is not included with any other ticket).
Gaylord Palms Resort is located five minutes from the gates of Walt Disney World at 6000 W. Osceola Parkway, Kissimmee, FL 34746. For more information and to purchase tickets, go to ChristmasatGaylordPalms.com.
- Winn-Dixie Announces Plans to Close Some Central Florida Stores Following Bankruptcy Filing - March 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup March 16, 2018: Urbain 40, Hunger Street Tacos, Morthan Cheese, and More - March 16, 2018
- Walt Disney World to Start Charging Resort Guests Overnight Parking Fees - March 15, 2018
- Yelp Restaurant Week Runs March 18-24 in Orlando #yelporlando - March 14, 2018
- Music Icon Richard Marx to Rock Plaza Live Orlando on March 18, 2018 - March 13, 2018
- JAY-Z And Beyoncé to Bring On The Run II Tour to Orlando’s Camping World Stadium Aug 29, 2018 - March 12, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s 2018 Picks For Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day - March 11, 2018
- 59th Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival Returns March 16-18, 2018 - March 10, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup March 9, 2018: Spoleto, Seasons52, J-Petal Orlando, and More - March 9, 2018
- The Florida Mall to Host Easter Caring Bunny Day for Kids with Sensory Sensitivity March 11, 2018 - March 8, 2018