The 11th annual Orlando Folk Festival will be held February 9 and 10, 2013, in the sculpture gardens of the Mennello Museum of American Art.
In the folk life area, there will be traditional craft demonstrations in the arts of silk embroidery, chair-caning, broom-making, wood-carving, weaving, bobbin-lace-making, spinning and pottery-making.
Live music will play all day on the outdoor stage, and there will also be other entertainers and storytellers.
Guests are welcome to bring picnic baskets and coolers, but there will also be food trucks serving Southern and American specialties for sale.
Admission to the outdoor festival is free to all. Properly maintained and leashed pets are also welcome, with their owners. There is still a fee for entrance into the museum, itself.
Hours are 10am to 5pm each day.
For more information, visit The Orlando Folk Festival website.
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023