“Into the Woods,” the highly acclaimed award-winning Broadway revival of Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine’s Tony Award®-winning musical, is coming straight from Broadway to do a series of select engagements across the U.S., and will play the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts in Orlando for the tour’s only Florida shows June 6-11, 2023.
Directed by Lear deBessonet (“Hercules”), the musical intertwines the plots of several well-known fairy tales, including Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, Jack and the Beanstalk, and Rapunzel. The characters venture into the woods to pursue their individual wishes, but their desires have unintended consequences and they must confront the consequences of their actions.
As one of only 10 cities and the only Florida engagement selected to present this direct from Broadway production, “Into the Woods” will play the Walt Disney Theater, bringing four above the title Broadway stars to Central Florida.
“Into the Woods” features Montego Glover as The Witch, Stephanie J. Block as The Baker’s Wife, Sebastian Arcelus as The Baker, and Gavin Creel as Cinderella’s Prince/Wolf, in a production called “radiant” (Variety), “enchanting” (The Wall Street Journal), and “a priceless revival with a perfect cast” (The Washington Post).
In fact, 17 out of 18 cast members on stage each night were in the Broadway production and 97% of the whole company, including off-stage, are also direct from Broadway.
This production has already won several Drama League Awards (“Outstanding Revival of Musical” and “Outstanding Direction of a Musical” for Lear deBessonet), and a Grammy for “Best Musical Theater Album.”
And on May 2, “Into the Woods” was also nominated for 6 Tony Awards including “Best Revival of a Musical.”
Don’t miss this opportunity to see this show here in Orlando.
Tickets for the Orlando run of “Into the Woods” start at $49.75, and are available to purchase at DrPhillipsCenter.org, and at the venue box office.
CHAT WITH US!
CitySurfing Orlando, along with several other Orlando bloggers, are hosting a Twitter chat to talk about “Into the Woods” on Tuesday, May 30, at 8pm ET.
You’ll find us at the hashtag #OrlandoBroadwaySeries, so come join in!
- ‘Penguin Trek’ Immersive Family Coaster Coming to SeaWorld Orlando in Spring 2024 - September 28, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces The Residency Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Special Guests Oct 3-8, 2023 - September 11, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando Turns 13 Today! - September 2, 2023
- Out and About: Magical Dining at AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park - September 1, 2023
- ‘Every Brilliant Thing’ Starring John O’Hurley Coming to The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Sept. 8-24 - August 31, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Opens Registration for the 2024 Free Teacher Card - August 30, 2023
- A List of Hurricane Idalia Closings in Central Florida - August 29, 2023
- LEGOLAND Florida Offers Florida Resident Rates For Hurricane Idalia Sheltering - August 29, 2023
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando Reduces Pricing for Florida Residents Ahead of Idalia - August 28, 2023
- SeaWorld and Busch Garden Florida Parks to Go Cashless Aug 30, 2023 - August 25, 2023