A new Publix has opened close to Walt Disney World, at the new Town Center at O-TownWest development, and I went to check it out.
It’s a beautiful store with some features I haven’t seen in my local Publix in Dr. Phillips and Regency Village.
What first grabbed my eye is the deli section is more than just a counter…it sits in the middle of the floor near the entrance, and has four sections forming a square.
In addition to the meat and cheese by the slice area, there is a PubSub/sandwich section; a ramen, rice bowl and sushi section; and a huge cheese section with plenty of offerings to wow any charcuterie board.
Nearby is a Hot Wings to-go bar, a make-your-own salad bar, an antipasto section, and a hot soup section.
The bakery, strangely, is in the opposite side of the store, in the back corner, but has a good selection of breads and pastries.
The options for a quick grab-and-go section line a refrigerated wall near the deli, and there’s also a section in the meat department for meals that feed 2-4 people.
Sometimes the map in the app listed the wrong aisle for an item on my list, and some of the product variety wasn’t quite what I was used to (for instance 3 rows of Progresso soup but only one for the Chunky). But it’s a new store and I’m sure they’ll adjust the stock once they see what is and isn’t selling.
My second favorite feature of the store (after the deli) was a second level seating area at the front of the store, accessible by both stairs and elevator, to sit and eat your food from the deli/hot bars…or just people watch in the store.
If you want to check out this new Publix store, it’s located at 11055 Daryl Carter Pkwy, at the intersection of Apopka-Vineland, in Town Center at O-TownWest. The plaza is still being built, but there is plenty of parking.
- Taco Bell Tests Vegan Crunchwrap in Orlando - June 8, 2023
- Out and About: Broadway Takes Orlando “Into the Woods” And It’s a Hilarious Journey - June 7, 2023
- Fun Spot America Theme Parks Celebrates 25th Anniversary with $25 Ticket Deal on June 10, 2023 - June 6, 2023
- Daytona Lagoon in Daytona Beach Launches Summer Character Series June 4, 2023 - May 30, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center to Host Broadway’s ‘Into the Woods’ For Only Florida Shows June 6-11, 2023 - May 28, 2023
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023