SeaWorld Orlando kicked off this week’s International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions Expo (IAAPA) in Orlando with a first look at the ride vehicle for its upcoming “Pipeline: The Surf Coaster.”
Debuting in the spring of 2023, “Pipeline: The Surf Coaster” is the World’s first Surf Coaster and a first-of-its-kind attraction that can only be experienced at SeaWorld Orlando.
The new attraction celebrates the iconic surfing cultures found around the world with a unique surfboard ride vehicle that will give riders an immersive experience when their seats rise and fall to mimic the sensation of riding on a wave.
With a maximum speed of 60 MPH, guests will “ride the waves” and go on a journey of twists and turns, including a “wave curl” inversion which will simulate the feel of an “alley-oop,” which is a surfing maneuver that only the most experienced surfers in the world are able to perform.
The ride vehicle is oversized surf board, and the riders will have be in a standing-seated position, with restraints on their upper torsos. Riders will have legs/feet touching the surf board, though that might depend on how long a rider’s legs are.
Here are some photos I took during SeaWorld Orlando’s IAAPA press conference of the ride vehicle:
This is the video SeaWorld Orlando played while we were waiting for the press conference to start. It shows how the riders will be standing with a seat under them to allow for the restraints to work properly:
“Pipeline: The Surf Coaster” will be located next to the entrance to SeaWorld Orlando. As we get closer to the ride’s opening, I’ll bring you more details.
So what do you think of the ride vehicle? Let me know in the comments.
— CitySurfing Orlando (@CitySurfOrlando) November 15, 2022
- ‘Rock of Ages’ to Play Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Jan 25-Feb 26, 2023 - January 18, 2023
- Universal Orlando Reveals Mardi Gras 2023 Details Including Live Concert Line-Up - January 17, 2023
- ‘Wicked’ Returns To Orlando’s Dr Phillips Center For Extended Engagement Jan 25–Feb 12, 2023 - January 16, 2023
- The ‘Riverdance’ 25th Anniversary Show Dances into Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center Jan 20-22, 2023 - January 12, 2023
- Walt Disney World News: Opening Date for ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’, Nighttime Shows Returning, and Updates for Guests and Passholders - January 10, 2023
- Chase Padgett Brings Acclaimed ‘6 Guitars’ Show to Orlando’s Renaissance Theatre Company January 6-29, 2023 - January 4, 2023
- Daytona Boat Show Returns to Daytona International Speedway Jan 13-15, 2023 - January 3, 2023
- ‘Tina – The Tina Turner Musical’ Rocks Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center Jan 10-15, 2023 - January 2, 2023
- Out And About: A New Publix Has Opened at Town Center at O-Town West - January 1, 2023
- The Wheel at ICON Park Evacuated After Power Outage on New Year’s Eve - January 1, 2023