The Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival will present its 31st festival May 17-30, 2022, in Orlando’s Loch Haven Park and nearby venues.
After two years of smaller or online-only festivals, Orlando Fringe is returning with a full roster of acts, with artists coming from 20 states and five countries. There are also some new venues, amenities, and more.
Here are the basics you need to know about this year’s event:
To see any show at the Fringe requires the purchase of a $10 Orlando Fringe button, proceeds of which support the festival.
Once you have a button, then you can buy as many individual show tickets as you want. Proceeds from the tickets go directly to the artists.
Show prices vary up to a maximum of $15 per ticket (up from $12 in previous years, but still a great deal for live entertainment).
Cabanas in Loch Haven Park are available on a daily basis, and include four drinks and a shady place to enjoy them. Prices are $149 for an after-5pm weekday rental, or $249 for an all-day weekend rental starting at noon.
Shows take place in and around Loch Haven Park, as well as nearby venues like the Renaissance Theater (415 E. Princeton), downtown Orlando venues The Abbey (100 S. Eola) and Stardust Lounge (431 E. Central Blvd), and SoDo’s Savoy (1913 N. Orange).
Kids Fringe is a free festival for kids and families that takes place during the weekends of the Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival. Kids Fringe occurs on both Saturdays and Sundays, May 21, 22, 28, and 29 from 10am to 2pm at the Orlando Garden Club.
The free event will include live performances, workshops, and art activities. Performances will be thirty minutes or less and include plays, music, puppetry, and magic.
You’ll the full schedule and more information about Kids Fringe at orlandofringe.org/kidsfringe.
The Outdoor Stage at Orlando Fringe is located at Loch Haven Park and will feature performances from over 50 incredible artists including singer songwriters, musical duos and trios, bands of all genres including Jazz, Latin, Indie, Pop, Alternative Rock, local dance troupes and choirs, live readings and stand-up comedians, improv groups and more.
Starting Wednesday, May 18th you can experience these artists every week night from 6pm-11pm and weekends from 3pm-11pm.
For more information about the outdoor stage, visit orlandofringe.org/may/outdoorstage-2.
Visual Fringe is the visual art portion of the Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival that features drawing, painting, sculpture, design, jewellery making, and much more.
This year’s Visual Fringe is bigger and better than ever with the brand new Visual Fringe HQ located in the Patron’s Room in Orlando Shakes, the former Purple Venue. The gallery will be open May 18-29. Everything in the gallery is for sale, and 100% of the money made in art sales is given back to the artists.
On the Lawn, the Stand Up Selfie Studio will offer a variety of areas, made by FunVenture, to take photos. The Selfie Studio will be available every day from May 18-30.
Visual Fringe has many more shows and events, including digital painting from your chosen songs, a dirty art history presentation, henna, pet portraits, and an art inspired improv show that will inspire art! For the full list visit: orlandofringe.org/may/visual-fringe-in-festival/.
Florida Deaf Theatre Project’s comedy “Becoming Grandma Kat,” will have American Sign Language interpretation at all performances.
Fourteen other shows will offer ASL at select performances, and several shows will offer audio description of what’s happening onstage.
There is free parking at Loch Haven Park that fills up fast. Next options are nearby businesses that make their lots available after 6pm weekdays and all day on weekends, like McCree General Contractors & Architects and Magruder Eye Institute. AdventHealth Medical Group Urology’s lot is available on weekends.
The Orlando Science Center garage charges a fee, but is close to Loch Haven Park.
A new shuttle service by GoPegasus will carry Fringe attendees among the various off-campus venues on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays via two routes.
One route includes the Renaissance Theatre, Savoy, Comfort Suites, Ivanhoe Brewing and a new free Alden Road parking lot. The other will take people to The Abbey and Stardust Lounge.
If using the shuttles, be sure to add in extra travel time to make sure you get to your destination before the show starts.
Some of the buses will feature special artwork and live performances on some routes.
The festival has it’s own beer this year. Ivanhoe Brewing has developed a special white stout exclusive to the festival titled “Curtain Up.” It and some creative cocktails inspired by the game Candyland will be on the menu this year.
For a complete list of shows, and more details, visit OrlandoFringe.org. You can also buy your buttons and show tickets there.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2022 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #OrlandoHolidays #VisitOrlando - June 29, 2022
- Out and About: Tasting the New BBQ Bowls at Sonny’s BBQ .. @SonnysBBQ #OrlandoBBQ - June 27, 2022
- Swamp Sistas Hold 2022 Summer Hope For Kids Fundraiser .. @SwampSistas @FeedHopeNow #FightHunger - June 22, 2022
- ‘Red Hot & Boom’ Returns to Altamonte Springs July 3, 2022 .. #RedHotBoom #WXXL #AltamonteSprings - June 15, 2022
- Out and About: Experiencing ‘Electric Ocean’ at SeaWorld Orlando .. #SeaWorldOrlando #ElectricOcean - June 13, 2022
- Sonny’s BBQ Introduces New Limited-Time BBQ Bowls .. @SonnysBBQ #OrlandoBBQ - June 9, 2022
- Out and About: ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ at Dr. Phillips Center .. #JCSTheMusical #DrPhillipsCenter #OrlandoArts #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - June 8, 2022
- Sixth Annual CommUNITY Rainbow Run and Festival Benefiting onePULSE Foundation To Be Held June 4 .. #CommUNITYRainbowRun #OnePULSE #CharityEvents - June 2, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To Celebrating National Donut Day June 3, 2022 .. #NationalDonutDay #OrlandoDonuts #OrlandoDoughnuts - June 2, 2022
- Orlando Weekly’s Bite30 Returns Starting June 1, 2022 .. #bite30 #OrlandoDining #Foodies - May 31, 2022