Hello everyone! Today is a big day for CitySurfing Orlando, as it was TEN years ago today that I opened this blog dedicated to covering Orlando and surrounding Central Florida!
From theme parks to local dining to amazing events, I’ve had the pleasure to discover so many of the wonderful things that make this truly the City Beautiful.
I want to thank each and every one of you who have visited this site over the last decade! Every visit, every social media click and share, every comment…you’ve helped shape this site and let me know what you want to know more about in our city and its nearby neighbors.
I’d also like to thank my friends and fellow bloggers who have stepped in over the years to help me with coverage. Some of you may not know that I’ve been dealing with MS since before I started this blog, and sometimes I just can’t get out to cover stuff. Many thanks to those who graciously have helped me get the coverage done, especially Rhonda Hedden, Carol Garreans, Kird Garreans (RIP my friend), Jeffrey Wetherington, John Frost (go visit him over at The Disney Blog, where I sometimes write for him), and Anna-Marie Walsh (aka the head foodie over at Beauty and the Beets).
I’d also like to thank all the wonderful publicists and PR people I’ve worked with over the past ten years. They’ve connected me and enabled me to bring some really cool stories and experiences to you, the reader.
I was planning to do something big to celebrate this momentous occasion, but thanks to COVID-19, all plans were temporarily halted. I’m slowly implementing changes to this site, both on the backend, and in what I cover around the city, as it too, has had to adapt to the current pandemic. And those big things? Maybe for Christmas, if 2020 will allow.
In the meantime, mask on (I’m the geek on the left), I shall to my best to start this next decade bringing you news on the best that Orlando has to offer. I welcome your feedback, your story requests, and I truly, truly appreciate your continued support!
Hard to believe it’s been ten years already, but I am so completely exhilarated to head into the next decade for CitySurfing Orlando!
More from the last decade:
- Out and About: Dr. Phillips Center Frontyard Festival Local Offerings .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FrontyardFestival #OrlandoArts #LocalMusic #Fitness - December 2, 2020
- Places to Donate on Giving Tuesday 2020 in Central Florida .. #GivingTuesday - December 1, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide to 2020 Holiday Events in Central Florida .. #LoveOrlando #OrlandoHolidays - November 30, 2020
- Dazzling Nights to Light Up Leu Gardens for the Holidays .. #DazzlingNights @Creative_Proj @LeuGardens - November 29, 2020
- Central Florida and Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2020 *UPDATED* .. #BlackFriday #CyberMonday #LoveOrlando - November 26, 2020
- Brightline to Construct Walt Disney World Station at Disney Springs .. @GoBrightline #WaltDisneyWorld - November 24, 2020
- FusionFest Returns to Downtown Orlando Nov 28-29, 2020 .. #FusionFest #FusionFestOrlando - November 23, 2020
- Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites Opens at Universal Orlando December 2020 .. #EndlessSummerDockside @UniversalOrlando - November 22, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center’s Frontyard Festival Kicks Off Dec 5: What You Need to Know .. #FrontyardFestival #OrlandoArts #SaveOurStages @DrPhillipsCtr - November 21, 2020
- Holidays at LEGOLAND® Return to LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 27, 2020 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #Holidays - November 20, 2020