Hello everyone! Today is a big day for CitySurfing Orlando, as it was TEN years ago today that I opened this blog dedicated to covering Orlando and surrounding Central Florida!
From theme parks to local dining to amazing events, I’ve had the pleasure to discover so many of the wonderful things that make this truly the City Beautiful.
I want to thank each and every one of you who have visited this site over the last decade! Every visit, every social media click and share, every comment…you’ve helped shape this site and let me know what you want to know more about in our city and its nearby neighbors.
I’d also like to thank my friends and fellow bloggers who have stepped in over the years to help me with coverage. Some of you may not know that I’ve been dealing with MS since before I started this blog, and sometimes I just can’t get out to cover stuff. Many thanks to those who graciously have helped me get the coverage done, especially Rhonda Hedden, Carol Garreans, Kird Garreans (RIP my friend), Jeffrey Wetherington, John Frost (go visit him over at The Disney Blog, where I sometimes write for him), and Anna-Marie Walsh (aka the head foodie over at Beauty and the Beets).
I’d also like to thank all the wonderful publicists and PR people I’ve worked with over the past ten years. They’ve connected me and enabled me to bring some really cool stories and experiences to you, the reader.
I was planning to do something big to celebrate this momentous occasion, but thanks to COVID-19, all plans were temporarily halted. I’m slowly implementing changes to this site, both on the backend, and in what I cover around the city, as it too, has had to adapt to the current pandemic. And those big things? Maybe for Christmas, if 2020 will allow.
In the meantime, mask on (I’m the geek on the left), I shall to my best to start this next decade bringing you news on the best that Orlando has to offer. I welcome your feedback, your story requests, and I truly, truly appreciate your continued support!
If you aren’t already, please follow CitySurfing Orlando on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram…and if you’re enjoying what you read, please tell a friend.
Hard to believe it’s been ten years already, but I am so completely exhilarated to head into the next decade for CitySurfing Orlando!
More from the last decade:
- ‘Art in Bloom’ returns to Orlando Museum of Art March 24-26, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Out and About: JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando - March 20, 2023
- ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’ at Magic Kingdom Enters Soft Opening Phase - March 19, 2023
- Little Radical Theatrics Presents ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ March 24-April 2, 2023 - March 15, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Adds St. Patrick’s Day Celebration and More Concerts to Seven Seas Food Festival - March 14, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Harper Lee’s To Kill A Mockingbird’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center March 21-26, 2023 - March 13, 2023
- JoJo’s ShakeBAR Opens at Pointe Orlando March 18, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Sloppy Joe’s Sponsors The Wheel at ICON Park With Special Offer for Guests in March - March 7, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Broadway in Orlando 23/24 Season Titles - March 6, 2023
- Universal Orlando Invites Foodies to Enjoy Mardi Gras 2023 at Its Resorts - March 3, 2023