Hello everyone! Today is a big day for CitySurfing Orlando, as it was TEN years ago today that I opened this blog dedicated to covering Orlando and surrounding Central Florida!
From theme parks to local dining to amazing events, I’ve had the pleasure to discover so many of the wonderful things that make this truly the City Beautiful.
I want to thank each and every one of you who have visited this site over the last decade! Every visit, every social media click and share, every comment…you’ve helped shape this site and let me know what you want to know more about in our city and its nearby neighbors.
I’d also like to thank my friends and fellow bloggers who have stepped in over the years to help me with coverage. Some of you may not know that I’ve been dealing with MS since before I started this blog, and sometimes I just can’t get out to cover stuff. Many thanks to those who graciously have helped me get the coverage done, especially Rhonda Hedden, Carol Garreans, Kird Garreans (RIP my friend), Jeffrey Wetherington, John Frost (go visit him over at The Disney Blog, where I sometimes write for him), and Anna-Marie Walsh (aka the head foodie over at Beauty and the Beets).
I’d also like to thank all the wonderful publicists and PR people I’ve worked with over the past ten years. They’ve connected me and enabled me to bring some really cool stories and experiences to you, the reader.
I was planning to do something big to celebrate this momentous occasion, but thanks to COVID-19, all plans were temporarily halted. I’m slowly implementing changes to this site, both on the backend, and in what I cover around the city, as it too, has had to adapt to the current pandemic. And those big things? Maybe for Christmas, if 2020 will allow.
In the meantime, mask on (I’m the geek on the left), I shall to my best to start this next decade bringing you news on the best that Orlando has to offer. I welcome your feedback, your story requests, and I truly, truly appreciate your continued support!
Hard to believe it’s been ten years already, but I am so completely exhilarated to head into the next decade for CitySurfing Orlando!
More from the last decade:
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021
- 4th Annual FusionFest Returns To Downtown Orlando Nov 27-28, 2021 .. #FusionFest #OrlandoArts - November 23, 2021
- Holidays At LEGOLAND Return To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 26, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #OrlandoHolidays #HolidaysatLEGOLAND - November 22, 2021
- Iron Chef Morimoto Returns to Morimoto Asia to Host Events in Dec 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #OrlandoFoodies - November 21, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2021 In Orlando .. #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingDinners #ThanksgivingBrunch - November 20, 2021
- 2021 Orlando Walk for Apraxia Takes Place Nov. 20 in Casselberry .. #WalkForApraxia @apraxia_kids - November 16, 2021
- The New Walt Disney World Swan Reserve Hotel Officially Opens in Orlando .. #WaltDisneyWorldSwanReserve #SwanReserve #OrlandoHotels #DisneyHotels - November 15, 2021
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The 2021 Holidays Starting Nov. 19 .. #DazzlingNights @Creative_Proj @LeuGardens - November 12, 2021
- Immersive Van Gogh Exhibition Debuts in Orlando November 26, 2021 .. #ImmersiveVanGogh #OrlandoArt - November 11, 2021