On August 21, Orlando Shakes returns with its popular “Virtual Shakesbeer” series, this time featuring the bard’s “As You Like It,” in a free online event.
During the comedic and abbreviated Shakespeare performance, the narrator and “drinking guide” will guide viewers – and the performers – through a fun and silly drinking game that follows Shakespeare’s classic comedy.
Directed by Mark Routhier, the cast will tackle an inebriated – oops, abbreviated – version of Shakespeare’s romantic comedy.
The cast for this production is:
- Jennifer Bonner as Phoebe & Corin
- Lorena Cohea as Rosalind & others
- Lisa Hardt as Narrator & Drinking Guide
- Stephen Lima as Duke Frederick & others
- Ross Neal as Orlando & others
- Kristin Shoffner as Celia & others
- Tim Williams as Oliver, Touchstone, & others
“For this edition of ShakesBeer, we’re tackling our first comedy,” director Mark Routhier said in the press release. “It’s been so much fun being irreverent with the Bard and turning his tragedies funny. This is a whole new challenge! We hope we can make funny, funnier, and we hope our virtual audience will enjoy this story of love, forgiveness and the calming power of nature.”
Orlando Shakes’ first Facebook Live event, Virtual ShakesBeer: Romeo + Juliet Edition, over 2,000 viewers tuned in live. The post has now reached over 14,000 users with 1,637 likes, comments, and shares.
The livestream starts at 8pm at the Orlando Shakes Facebook page. It’s a BYOB event if you want to play along.
This event is made possible by the Virtual ShakesBeer Partners – Orlando Fringe and the Bear and Peacock Brewstillery – and is recommended for audiences 21+.
- Out and About: Limbhelados Serves Up Luscious Frozen Desserts in Downtown Kissimmee .. #Limbhelados #Limber #Kissimmee #EatLocal - July 23, 2021
- Universal Orlando to Start 2021 Holiday Celebrations on November 13 .. @UniversalOrlando #UniversalOrlando #OrlandoHolidays #VisitOrlando - July 20, 2021
- 2021 Florida Cup Comes to Orlando July 25 & 28 + Ticket Discount Code! .. #FloridaCup #RiseUpOrlando #OrlandoSoccer - July 19, 2021
- Creative City Project Presents ‘Re:Charge’ Starting July 23, 2021 .. #CreativeCity #ReCharge #OrlandoArts - July 18, 2021
- Universal Orlando Announces The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Bride of Frankenstein Mazes for Halloween Horror Nights 2021 .. @UniversalOrlando #HalloweenHorrorNights #HHN30 #TexasChainsawMassacre #BrideOfFrankenstein #OrlandoHalloween - July 16, 2021
- Museum of Illusions Orlando to Host Second “Puppy Paw-ty” on Sept 25, 2021 .. #MuseumOfIllusionsOrlando #OrlandoAttractions #ICONOrlando #PetEvents - July 15, 2021
- Out and About: Hawkers Celebrates 10 Years with Flashback Drinks and More .. #EatHawkers @EatHawkers #HappyBirthdayHawkers #OrlandoDrinks #EatLocal - July 13, 2021
- Sunset Walk Slingshot Ride to Open at Margaritaville Resort Orlando Fall 2021 .. #SunsetWalkSlingshot #MargaritavilleResortOrlando #OrlandoAttractions - July 12, 2021
- Gordon Ramsey’s Fish & Chips and Brother Jimmy’s BBQ Coming to ICON Park Orlando in August 2021 .. #ICONParkOrlando #GordonRamsey #BrotherJimmys #IDrive #OrlandoRestaurants - July 11, 2021
- SeaWorld Orlando to Host a Celebration of Sharks July 11-18, 2021 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #Sharks #SharkWeek - July 10, 2021