Orlando Fringe has announced the launch of a new program aimed at elevating start-up producing companies and providing them with resources to grow.
Called The Fringe Collective, the new program provides the emerging arts groups with office space complete with office supplies, software, meeting rooms, and rehearsal space as well as “think tank sessions” with like-sized organizations.
Built into the program is a custom-designed mentorship program that connects the participants with experts in the community, along with the creation of a customized strategic plan with Fringe staff acting as consultants.
Two local performing groups have been selected for the inaugural session:
Intrepid Stage, the theatrical production company behind critically acclaimed and award-winning productions such as “HELLO,” Goodbye, Betty/Betty, and The Hamlet Project.
Lead by John Mark Jernigan and based in Orlando, Intrepid Stages’ mission is to inspire and ignite change no matter what stage we are at in life, telling stories that reach out to the lost, weary and afraid and bring them home.
Phoenix Tears Productions, a female-run production company specializing in supporting new voices and immersive theater. Since 2014, they have produced full-length immersive audio dramas Stardust and The War, as well as more than ten unique interactive murder mysteries.
Phoenix Tears also runs the short play cycle Ten Minute Tuesdays out of a converted garage that has staged more than 20 ten-minute plays in 2019 alone.
The Fringe Collective is a two-year commitment with Orlando Fringe aiming to select two to three organizations each year.
Bravo Orlando Fringe! Bravo!
Want to help out? Attend the events Orlando Fringe produces, such as the upcoming Winter-Mini Fest in January 2020. We’ll have all the details on that soon.
For more information, visit OrlandoFringe.org.
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Valentine’s Day 2020 in Orlando and Central Florida .. #ValentinesDay - February 9, 2020
- Orlando Wetlands Festival Returns To Fort Christmas Historical Park Feb 15, 2020 .. @CityBeautiful #VisitOrlando - February 8, 2020
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Announces 2020-2021 Season .. @OrlandoPhilOrch #OrlandoArts #OrlandoPhilharmonic - February 7, 2020