The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art in Winter Park has announced it will provide free admission during the last week of summer, from Tuesday, September 17, through Sunday, September 22.
The Morse Museum is home to the world’s most comprehensive collection of works by American designer and artist Louis Comfort Tiffany (1848–1933), including the chapel interior he designed for the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago and art and architectural objects from Tiffany’s celebrated Long Island home, Laurelton Hall.
In many of the Museum’s works by Louis Comfort Tiffany, the prolific American designer depicted seasonal change in the decorative arts. With his inspections and studies of nature, Tiffany often focused on these natural cycles thematically in glass as well as enamels and precious jewels.
Tiffany’s Four Seasons window, c. 1899–1900, is separated into four sections. Each leaded-glass panel respectively explores the rich colors and tones of summer (above), autumn, winter, and spring and encourages the viewer to recognize and reflect on each period’s beauty.
The panels are now on view in the Morse’s permanent exhibition displaying surviving artworks and elements of Tiffany’s famed estate.
The Museum’s holdings also include American art pottery, late 19th- and early 20th-century American paintings, graphics, and decorative art.
Public hours are 9:30am. to 4pm, Tuesday through Saturday, and 1pm to 4pm, Sunday.
Regular admission is $6 for adults, $5 for seniors, $1 for students, and free for children under 12.
Entrance is also free for all visitors after 4pm on Fridays, from November through April.
For more information about the Morse Museum, please visit morsemuseum.org.
- Orlando Shakes #Playfest 2019 to Feature Seven New Works .. @OrlandoShakes #OrlandoArts - October 21, 2019
- Win a 4-Pack of Tickets to The Big Bounce America Tour in Kissimmee! .. @TheBigBounceUSA #giveaway - October 17, 2019
- Universal Orlando Offering Two Florida Resident Offers This Fall - October 15, 2019
- The Big Bounce America Tour Comes to Central Florida Oct 19-27, 2019 .. @TheBigBounceUSA - October 14, 2019
- Ocean Prime Orlando Launches New Prix Fixe Theater Menu .. @OceanPrimeCMR - October 13, 2019
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For October 12, 2019: Ocean Prime Orlando, Maple Street Biscuit Company, Holler and Dash, Sonny’s BBQ, and More .. #OrlandoFoodies - October 12, 2019
- IAAPA Celebrates Grand Opening of New Global Headquarters in Orlando .. @IAAPAHQ #IAAPA - October 9, 2019
- 93.3 FLZ Jingle Ball 2019 Rings in Season with #SamSmith, #Lizzo, and More at Tampa’s Amalie Arena Dec 1 .. #FLZJingleBall - October 8, 2019
- Florida Citrus Sports Ends Orlando Citrus Parade After 39 Years - October 7, 2019
- Win Tickets to See Wayne Brady at Dr. Phillips Center Oct 12! .. @DrPhillipsCtr @WayneBrady - October 4, 2019