The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art in Winter Park has announced it will provide free admission during the last week of summer, from Tuesday, September 17, through Sunday, September 22.
The Morse Museum is home to the world’s most comprehensive collection of works by American designer and artist Louis Comfort Tiffany (1848–1933), including the chapel interior he designed for the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago and art and architectural objects from Tiffany’s celebrated Long Island home, Laurelton Hall.
In many of the Museum’s works by Louis Comfort Tiffany, the prolific American designer depicted seasonal change in the decorative arts. With his inspections and studies of nature, Tiffany often focused on these natural cycles thematically in glass as well as enamels and precious jewels.
Tiffany’s Four Seasons window, c. 1899–1900, is separated into four sections. Each leaded-glass panel respectively explores the rich colors and tones of summer (above), autumn, winter, and spring and encourages the viewer to recognize and reflect on each period’s beauty.
The panels are now on view in the Morse’s permanent exhibition displaying surviving artworks and elements of Tiffany’s famed estate.
The Museum’s holdings also include American art pottery, late 19th- and early 20th-century American paintings, graphics, and decorative art.
Public hours are 9:30am. to 4pm, Tuesday through Saturday, and 1pm to 4pm, Sunday.
Regular admission is $6 for adults, $5 for seniors, $1 for students, and free for children under 12.
Entrance is also free for all visitors after 4pm on Fridays, from November through April.
For more information about the Morse Museum, please visit morsemuseum.org.
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends In January and February 2020 .. #BuiltForKids @LegolandFlorida - January 19, 2020
- Disney’s ALADDIN Tour Members To Host ‘SONGS FROM A WHOLE NEW WORLD’ Benefit on Jan 27, 2020 .. @aladdin - January 18, 2020
- Christian Music Fest ‘Rock The Universe’ Returns to Universal Orlando Jan 24-25, 2020 .. #RocktheUniverse @UniversalOrlando - January 17, 2020
- Central Florida Fair to Add New Livestock and Event Pavilion .. @CentralFLFair - January 17, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces the Orlando Returns of ‘Hamilton’ and ‘Wicked’ .. #OrlandoBroadwaySeries @DrPhillipsCtr @HamiltonMusical @WICKED_Musical #FAIRWINDSBway - January 16, 2020
- Frontier Airlines Announces Plans for OIA Maintenance Hangar and Opens Training Facility in Orlando .. @FlyFrontier @MCO - January 16, 2020
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2020 Events in Central Florida .. #MLK2020 #MLKDay - January 15, 2020
- Blake Shelton’s Ole Red Orlando Restaurant to Open at ICON Park in April 2020 .. @OleRedOrlando @BlakeShelton - January 15, 2020
- Three New Film Experiences Coming to Epcot January 17, 2020 .. #Epcot @WaltDisneyWorld - January 14, 2020
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Announces New Executive Director .. @OrlandoPhilOrch - January 14, 2020