The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art in Winter Park has announced it will provide free admission during the last week of summer, from Tuesday, September 17, through Sunday, September 22.
The Morse Museum is home to the world’s most comprehensive collection of works by American designer and artist Louis Comfort Tiffany (1848–1933), including the chapel interior he designed for the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago and art and architectural objects from Tiffany’s celebrated Long Island home, Laurelton Hall.
In many of the Museum’s works by Louis Comfort Tiffany, the prolific American designer depicted seasonal change in the decorative arts. With his inspections and studies of nature, Tiffany often focused on these natural cycles thematically in glass as well as enamels and precious jewels.
Tiffany’s Four Seasons window, c. 1899–1900, is separated into four sections. Each leaded-glass panel respectively explores the rich colors and tones of summer (above), autumn, winter, and spring and encourages the viewer to recognize and reflect on each period’s beauty.
The panels are now on view in the Morse’s permanent exhibition displaying surviving artworks and elements of Tiffany’s famed estate.
The Museum’s holdings also include American art pottery, late 19th- and early 20th-century American paintings, graphics, and decorative art.
Public hours are 9:30am. to 4pm, Tuesday through Saturday, and 1pm to 4pm, Sunday.
Regular admission is $6 for adults, $5 for seniors, $1 for students, and free for children under 12.
Entrance is also free for all visitors after 4pm on Fridays, from November through April.
For more information about the Morse Museum, please visit morsemuseum.org.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Halloween 2020 In Central Florida .. #OrlandoHalloween #LoveOrlando - October 23, 2020
- Plaza Live Launches Outdoor ‘Front Porch Concerts’ Series .. #OrlandoArts #PlazaLiveOrlando - October 22, 2020
- Out and About: Burger World Tour Dining at Teak Neighborhood Grill .. #OrlandoRestaurants #DiningReview @TeakOrlando - October 21, 2020
- Tame Impala Announces Rescheduled Orlando Tour Date at Amway Center for 2021 .. @AmwayCenter @TameImpala - October 19, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Celebrates 9th Birthday with Special Pass Pricing and Peek at 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #ThemeParkNews - October 16, 2020
- Central Florida Zoo wins AZA award for the Urban Wildlife Information Network .. @CentralFLZoo @CitySanfordFL #CFLAttractions - October 15, 2020
- Out and About: Bottomless Brunching at Cafe Tu Tu Tango in Orlando .. @CafeTuTuTangoFL #OrlandoBrunch #OrlandoRestaurants - October 14, 2020
- Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream and Gideon’s Bakehouse Collaborate for National Dessert Day Oct 14 .. #OrlandoIceCream #OrlandoBakery - October 13, 2020
- I-Drive Businesses Form Orlando Entertainment District .. #IDrive #LoveOrlando @IDriveFun - October 13, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For October 12, 2020: Sonny’s BBQ, The New Standard, Tapa Toro, Orlando Meats, Rokka’s Market, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - October 12, 2020