Visit Orlando and local tourism officials have announced a historic milestone for the U.S. travel industry as Orlando released news of a record-setting 75 million annual visitors in 2018.
This is an increase of 4.2% over 2017’s 72 million visitors, and once again solidifies Orlando’s lead position as America’s most-visited destination.
Orlando also reached a host of other new milestones in 2018 including:
- Record number of U.S. visitors: 68.55 million (+4.1%)
- Record number of international visitors: 6.48 million (+5.4%)
- Record airline arrivals: Orlando International Airport (OIA) maintained its position as the busiest airport in Florida, with 47.7 million passengers (+6.9%)
- Record international airline arrivals: OIA’s international arrivals reached 6.6 million passengers (+11.64%)
“It was another record-breaking year for Orlando with both domestic and international visitation,” said Visit Orlando President and CEO George Aguel. “We saw strong gains from all of our core countries, particularly from Latin America. This success is a testament to the special appeal of our destination that continues to grow and evolve, as well as our strong commitment to strategic marketing initiatives.”
I predict Orlando will hit another milestone next year with attractions like Universal Orlando’s Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Ride and Walt Disney World’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opening later this year.
Congrats to the city of Orlando and it’s surrounding areas for drawing record numbers of guests to enjoy all we have to offer!
[Photo courtesy of Visit Orlando]
- The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art Offering Free Admission Sept 17-22, 2019 .. @MorseMuseum - September 16, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces Details of New Coaster for 2020 .. @SeaWorld #SeaWorldOrlando #IceBreaker - September 15, 2019
- Central Florida Auto Show Returns to Orlando Sept 20-22 + Win Tickets! .. @OrlandoAutoShow - September 14, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando and Firehouse Subs Partner Together to Honor Florida First Responders with Free Admission .. #SeaWorldOrlando - September 10, 2019
- Central Florida Foodies Events For September 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies - September 9, 2019
- Walt Disney World to Close Early on Sept 3 Due to Hurricane Dorian ::UPDATED:: .. @WaltDisneyWorld @VisitOrlando #HurricaneDorian - September 2, 2019
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Dedication Ceremony of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Aug 28 .. #StarWars #StarWarsGalaxysEdge - August 27, 2019
- All-New Lagoon Show to Debut at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2019 .. #HHN29 @UniversalOrl @HorrorNightsORL - August 22, 2019
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019