Visit Orlando and local tourism officials have announced a historic milestone for the U.S. travel industry as Orlando released news of a record-setting 75 million annual visitors in 2018.
This is an increase of 4.2% over 2017’s 72 million visitors, and once again solidifies Orlando’s lead position as America’s most-visited destination.
Orlando also reached a host of other new milestones in 2018 including:
- Record number of U.S. visitors: 68.55 million (+4.1%)
- Record number of international visitors: 6.48 million (+5.4%)
- Record airline arrivals: Orlando International Airport (OIA) maintained its position as the busiest airport in Florida, with 47.7 million passengers (+6.9%)
- Record international airline arrivals: OIA’s international arrivals reached 6.6 million passengers (+11.64%)
“It was another record-breaking year for Orlando with both domestic and international visitation,” said Visit Orlando President and CEO George Aguel. “We saw strong gains from all of our core countries, particularly from Latin America. This success is a testament to the special appeal of our destination that continues to grow and evolve, as well as our strong commitment to strategic marketing initiatives.”
I predict Orlando will hit another milestone next year with attractions like Universal Orlando’s Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Ride and Walt Disney World’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opening later this year.
Congrats to the city of Orlando and it’s surrounding areas for drawing record numbers of guests to enjoy all we have to offer!
[Photo courtesy of Visit Orlando]
- LEGOLAND Florida Unveils New Florida Prepaid Schoolhouse With College Scholarship Giveaway .. @LEGOLANDFlorida - November 19, 2019
- 4th Annual Florida Tiny House Festival Comes to Orlando November 22-24 .. @UnitedTinyHouse - November 18, 2019
- Out and About: Mia’s Italian Kitchen on I-Drive Adds Bottomless Dining Option to Menu .. @MiasItalian_Orl - November 17, 2019
- Aquatica Orlando Announces Florida’s First Dueling Water Slide to Debut in 2020 .. @AquaticaOrlando #RiptideRace - November 15, 2019
- Festival of Trees Turns Orlando Museum of Art Into Winter Wonderland Nov 16-24, 2019 .. @OMAOrlando #FestivalofTrees - November 14, 2019
- Annie Russell Theatre at Rollins College Presents ‘Private Lies: Improvised Film Noir’ Nov 15-23 .. @rollinscollege #OrlandoArts - November 12, 2019
- Orlando SeaWolves Host 2nd Annual Free Soccer Fan Fest at Osceola Heritage Park Nov 17 .. @MCOSeaWolves - November 11, 2019
- Jonas Brothers Bring Happiness Begins Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center November 16 .. @AmwayCenter @JonasBrothers - November 10, 2019
- 8th Annual Barktoberfest Returns to Lake Eola Park Nov 17 .. @ocas_Orlando #Barktoberfest - November 10, 2019
- Lockheed Martin Space and Air Show Tickets On Sale Nov 10 for 2020 Show .. @SpaceandAirShow - November 9, 2019