Florida Citrus Sports, in association with Parades R Us, announces the all-new Orlando Citrus Parade, which takes place on Saturday, December 29th, in Downtown Orlando.
Formerly known as the Florida Citrus Bowl Parade, the Orlando Citrus Bowl Parade has grown to become one of the largest sports affiliated parades in the nation, an annual tradition that occurs each year between the Camping World Bowl and the Citrus Bowl.
The parade step off time is 9:30am, and the parade route begins at the corner of Orange Avenue and Robinson Street and continues south on Orange Avenue, east on Anderson Street, then north on Rosalind Avenue. The parade concludes at Rosalind Avenue and Robinson Street.
The route is 1.4 miles in length and takes 90-120 minutes to complete.
The Parade Grand Marshall is MLB’s World Series champion Johnny Damon. Other celebrities that will be appearing include Sisaundra Lewis, JoDee Messina, Ty Herndon, and Linda Eder.
The parade is free to watch along the parade route. Tickets are now on sale for the TV Performance Zone and offers fantastic seats that bring viewers closer to their favorite performers, bands and floats.
This year’s parade will support Give Kids The World Village – an 84-acre, nonprofit “storybook” resort in Central Florida. At the Village, children with critical illnesses and their families are treated to weeklong, cost-free vacations.
As it makes its way through downtown Orlando, the parade will air live from 10am to noon in the Orlando market on WFTV. It will also air nationally as a one-hour syndicated show, “Florida’s Winter Celebration from Orlando,” for the months of January and February.
For more information, including volunteer opportunities, visit orlandocitrusparade.com.
- LEGOLAND® Florida Offers New Free Florida Resident Preschool Pass - January 15, 2019
- Don’t Miss Your Shot! Hamilton Comes to the Dr. Phillips Center Jan 22-Feb 10, 2019! @DrPhillipsCtr - January 14, 2019
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks For Free On January 17, 2019 - January 14, 2019
- 2019 Preschool Card Returns for Free Admission to SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica for Florida Kids - January 13, 2019
- The 2019 Florida State Fair Comes to Tampa Feb 7-18 + Win Tickets! #MyFloridaStateFair @FLStateFair - January 12, 2019
- Go Behind-The-Scenes at SeaWorld Orlando During Inside Look Weekends in January - January 11, 2019
- Orlando Science Center Hosts #Otronicon Edition of Science Night Live Jan 19, 2019 - January 10, 2019
- Aquatica® Orlando Becomes First Water Park In The World To Be A Certified Autism Center - January 9, 2019
- Go Back 20 Years with The Pauses 1998 Tribute Show Weekend at Will’s Pub Jan 11-12 - January 8, 2019
- Monster Jam Returns to Camping World Stadium Jan 19, 2019 #MonsterJam - January 7, 2019