RENT has set many records over the year, and become a beloved stage classic, and now its 20th Anniversary Tour comes to Orlando at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts for shows June 5 to 10, 2018.
In 1996, an original rock musical by a little-known composer opened on Broadway, and forever changed the landscape of American theatre.
Two decades later, Jonathan Larson’s RENT continues to speak loudly and defiantly to audiences across generations and all over the world. And now, this Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award®-winning masterpiece returns to the stage in a vibrant 20th anniversary touring production.
A re-imagining of Puccini’s La Bohème, Rent follows an unforgettable year in the lives of seven artists struggling to follow their dreams without selling out. With its inspiring message of joy and hope in the face of fear, this timeless celebration of friendship and creativity reminds us to measure our lives with the only thing that truly matters—love.
Visit rentontour.net for more information on the show.
Tickets for RENT start at $34.25, and are available at DrPhillipsCenter.org, at the venue box office, or via Ticketmaster.
There will be a ticket lottery each show. Orchestra seats will be available for $25 for every performance of RENT, the Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award®-winning musical. The $25 tickets include all fees and are available for in-person purchases at the Dr. Phillips Center Box Office located at 445 S. Magnolia Avenue on the day of each performance only, two and a half hours prior to the show. The $25 tickets are available for cash only purchases and are limited to two tickets per person.
The tradition of the low-cost tickets began in 1996 in New York when the show moved to Broadway after a sold-out run in a small downtown theatre. The producers of the show are committed to continuing the tradition of offering orchestra seats through the Lottery in each city the show will play.
- In-person lottery at the Box Office
- $25 tickets (CASH only)
- Up to two tickets per winner
- Limit 1 entry per person
- Registration starts 2.5 hours before each show
- Winners picked 2 hours before the show
- Winner must be present at time of drawing & show valid ID.
RENT: 20th Anniversary Tour is a part of FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando 17/18 Season.
- Daytona Lagoon in Daytona Beach Launches Summer Character Series June 4, 2023 - May 30, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center to Host Broadway’s ‘Into the Woods’ For Only Florida Shows June 6-11, 2023 - May 28, 2023
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023