Central Florida cinephiles get ready…the Florida Film Festival returns for it’s 27th year from April 6th through 15th, 2018.
The Festival will screen 183 films representing 38 countries, along with celebrity guest appearances, forums, and parties. Of the films selected, 152 have premiere status, including 23 world premieres.
“This is going to be a banner year in every aspect,” commented Matthew Curtis, Florida Film Festival Programming Director. “With a greater number of films making their Florida debut than ever before, we could not be more excited about introducing these talented filmmakers and presenting such an extraordinary and diverse group of films to our audience.”
“We are proud that this year’s lineup includes 82 women filmmakers–the most ever and more than 45% of our total programming!” Curtis continues. “Their voices will be represented everywhere in the Festival, including our first-ever experimental shorts program (“Sunspots: New Visions of the Avant Garde”), and our first-ever “X Real” Doc shorts program completely directed by women. Let the story-gazing begin!”
Highlight events during the Festival include:
The Opening Night Film on Friday, April 6 is American Animals, directed by Bart Layton. This is the East Coast Premiere, and star Blake Jenner will be in attendance, and will participate in a post-film Q&A with the audience. Cost for the film and party afterwards is $140. The party only is $125.
The Festival Block Party takes place Saturday, April 7 at the Regal Winter Park Village. Festival ticket and pass holders will receive free drinks and appetizers from select Winter Park Village restaurants and also enjoy live entertainment. Space is limited so plan to arrive early.
On Sunday, April 8, the Florida Film Festival presents “An Evening with Pam Grier” featuring a screening of her classic film, Jackie Brown, directed by Quentin Tarentino. General Admission tickets are $50 or you can buy a Backstage Pass for $125, which includes the event, along with a meet & greet and photo opportunity afterwards.
Friday, April 13, the festival will present “An Evening with Ellen Burstyn” featuring a screening of her classic film, Requiem for a Dream, directed by Darren Aronofsky. Tickets for this special event are $50.
And that’s only a small sampling of the film fun to be had during the festival! Film descriptions, trailers, and the full schedule are now online, to plan your viewings.
Film tickets are $11 each, with discounts for purchasing 5, 10, and 20-packs. Passes start at $99, with select passes including special events.
To purchase tickets/passes or for a full list of events, films, and more, visit floridafilmfestival.com.
The Florida Film Festival is a program of the non-profit Enzian Theater in Maitland, where the majority of the festival events will be held. 2017 Festival sponsors include Primary Sponsor Full Sail University and Primary Public Partners Orange County Government and the Florida Division of Cultural Affairs.
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular 2020 Kicks Off Sept 19 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #Spooktacular - September 17, 2020
- Universal Orlando to Test Two Halloween Horror Nights Houses This Weekend .. @UniversalOrlando #HHN - September 15, 2020
- TENET is Playing Orlando Theaters + Win a Pair of Fandango Tickets .. #TENET #Giveaway - September 14, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For September 12, 2020: Florida Bars Reopen, MX Taco, The Monroe Orlando, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - September 12, 2020
- Orlando Shakes Hosts Free Online Preview of PlayFest 2020 on Sept 12 .. @OrlandoShakes #OrlandoArts - September 10, 2020
- Cannes Short Film Festival to Screen Orlando Ballet Documentary Starting Sept 13 .. @OrlandoBallet #OrlandoArts - September 9, 2020
- Orlando Main Streets Launches ‘Local Orlando’ Visitors’ Guide .. @OrlMainStreets - September 7, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando Offers Free Admission for Florida K-12 Teachers Through August 2021 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #TeacherDiscounts - September 6, 2020
- Teak Neighborhood Grill Hosts 2nd Annual “Burger World Tour” with $5 Burgers .. @TeakOrlando #OrlandoRestaurants #Burgers - September 5, 2020
- Orlando Magic Team Up with City of Orlando to Turn Amway Center Into Early Voting Center and Mail Ballot Drop-Off Location .. @CityBeautiful @AmwayCenter @OrlandoMagic #Voting - September 3, 2020