Central Florida cinephiles get ready…the Florida Film Festival returns for it’s 27th year from April 6th through 15th, 2018.
The Festival will screen 183 films representing 38 countries, along with celebrity guest appearances, forums, and parties. Of the films selected, 152 have premiere status, including 23 world premieres.
“This is going to be a banner year in every aspect,” commented Matthew Curtis, Florida Film Festival Programming Director. “With a greater number of films making their Florida debut than ever before, we could not be more excited about introducing these talented filmmakers and presenting such an extraordinary and diverse group of films to our audience.”
“We are proud that this year’s lineup includes 82 women filmmakers–the most ever and more than 45% of our total programming!” Curtis continues. “Their voices will be represented everywhere in the Festival, including our first-ever experimental shorts program (“Sunspots: New Visions of the Avant Garde”), and our first-ever “X Real” Doc shorts program completely directed by women. Let the story-gazing begin!”
Highlight events during the Festival include:
The Opening Night Film on Friday, April 6 is American Animals, directed by Bart Layton. This is the East Coast Premiere, and star Blake Jenner will be in attendance, and will participate in a post-film Q&A with the audience. Cost for the film and party afterwards is $140. The party only is $125.
The Festival Block Party takes place Saturday, April 7 at the Regal Winter Park Village. Festival ticket and pass holders will receive free drinks and appetizers from select Winter Park Village restaurants and also enjoy live entertainment. Space is limited so plan to arrive early.
On Sunday, April 8, the Florida Film Festival presents “An Evening with Pam Grier” featuring a screening of her classic film, Jackie Brown, directed by Quentin Tarentino. General Admission tickets are $50 or you can buy a Backstage Pass for $125, which includes the event, along with a meet & greet and photo opportunity afterwards.
Friday, April 13, the festival will present “An Evening with Ellen Burstyn” featuring a screening of her classic film, Requiem for a Dream, directed by Darren Aronofsky. Tickets for this special event are $50.
And that’s only a small sampling of the film fun to be had during the festival! Film descriptions, trailers, and the full schedule are now online, to plan your viewings.
Film tickets are $11 each, with discounts for purchasing 5, 10, and 20-packs. Passes start at $99, with select passes including special events.
To purchase tickets/passes or for a full list of events, films, and more, visit floridafilmfestival.com.
The Florida Film Festival is a program of the non-profit Enzian Theater in Maitland, where the majority of the festival events will be held. 2017 Festival sponsors include Primary Sponsor Full Sail University and Primary Public Partners Orange County Government and the Florida Division of Cultural Affairs.
- Orlando SeaWolves Host 2nd Annual Free Soccer Fan Fest at Osceola Heritage Park Nov 17 .. @MCOSeaWolves - November 11, 2019
- Jonas Brothers Bring Happiness Begins Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center November 16 .. @AmwayCenter @JonasBrothers - November 10, 2019
- 8th Annual Barktoberfest Returns to Lake Eola Park Nov 17 .. @ocas_Orlando #Barktoberfest - November 10, 2019
- Lockheed Martin Space and Air Show Tickets On Sale Nov 10 for 2020 Show .. @SpaceandAirShow - November 9, 2019
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Announces Special Veterans Day 2019 Offer .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #VeteransDay - November 8, 2019
- Country Thunder Returns to Kissimmee in 2020 with All-Star Line-Up .. @CountryThunder - November 7, 2019
- College Park JazzFest Returns with Great Sounds, Food, and More November 9, 2019 .. #CollegeParkJazzed - November 6, 2019
- Out and About: Dr. Phillips Center Fall Arts Classes – The Beginning .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoArts - November 5, 2019
- Time to Get Your DIY On At Maker Faire Orlando November 9-10, 2019 .. #OrlandoMakers - November 2, 2019
- Central Florida Foodie Events For November 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies - November 1, 2019