On Sunday, March 11, The Florida Mall’s Caring Bunny™ event will offer families that have children with special needs a subdued environment to participate in the Bunny Photo Experience.
From 9 – 11am, many steps will be taken to reduce sensory triggers, creating a more comforting environment for children’s cherished visit with the Bunny.
The subdued environment is likely to include (specific elements or aesthetics may vary):
• Turning off in-mall music, stopping escalators located near the photo set, dimming the lights and shutting down fountains for the duration of the event.
• Eliminating queue lines through the use of a numbering system whereby guests approach the set when their number is called.
• Special activities geared toward the needs of the child during the ‘wait’ period to help the child understand what activities will occur during the visit.
Caring Bunny, the largest program of its kind, has been developed by Simon and is guided by AbilityPath.org, a national online resource hub and special needs community.
You can make a reservaton online for a specific time at the event’s ticket page.
The regular Bunny Photo Experience begins Friday, March 9 at 10am and runs through Saturday, March 31 at 8:30pm in Center Court outside of the Dining Pavilion. Kids will have the chance to visit with the Bunny and take home a treasured snapshot of the fun occasion.
Families who purchase a photo package will receive a complimentary children’s ticket* to visit the Crayola Experience (while supplies last).
This year, skip the line and book your family’s reservation with the Easter Bunny online at simonbunny.com.
Additionally, hop on over to The Florida Mall for an Hoppy Easter Brunch on Saturday, March 24 from 10am – 12pm in Center Court outside of the Dining Pavilion. Every-bunny will have the opportunity to enjoy an assortment of brunch items, kids crafts and activities, and special offers for Bunny photos during this free event. To attend, please RSVP here.
- 2019 Monster Jam Tickets Go On Sale September 25, 2018 - September 24, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 22, 2018: Holler and Dash, Pharmacy, Earth Fare, and More - September 22, 2018
- $10 Day Returns to @OrlandoScience Center Sept 23 - September 20, 2018
- Madame Tussauds Orlando and SEA LIFE Aquarium Orlando to Host Sensory Friendly Day Sept 22 - September 19, 2018
- 2018 US Open Table Tennis Championships to be Held in Orlando - September 18, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Reveals Plans for Florida’s Tallest Launch Roller Coaster #Tigris - September 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 14, 2018: Tijuana Flats, Columbia Restaurant, The Capital Grille, and More - September 14, 2018
- FOZZY to Rock House of Blues Orlando Sept 27, 2018 @FOZZYROCK - September 13, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Outfield’s Tony Lewis Sept 28 - September 12, 2018
- Universal Orlando Announces Final Halloween Horror Nights 28 House: ScaryTales: Deadly Ever After #HHN28 - September 11, 2018