On Sunday, March 11, The Florida Mall’s Caring Bunny™ event will offer families that have children with special needs a subdued environment to participate in the Bunny Photo Experience.
From 9 – 11am, many steps will be taken to reduce sensory triggers, creating a more comforting environment for children’s cherished visit with the Bunny.
The subdued environment is likely to include (specific elements or aesthetics may vary):
• Turning off in-mall music, stopping escalators located near the photo set, dimming the lights and shutting down fountains for the duration of the event.
• Eliminating queue lines through the use of a numbering system whereby guests approach the set when their number is called.
• Special activities geared toward the needs of the child during the ‘wait’ period to help the child understand what activities will occur during the visit.
Caring Bunny, the largest program of its kind, has been developed by Simon and is guided by AbilityPath.org, a national online resource hub and special needs community.
You can make a reservaton online for a specific time at the event’s ticket page.
The regular Bunny Photo Experience begins Friday, March 9 at 10am and runs through Saturday, March 31 at 8:30pm in Center Court outside of the Dining Pavilion. Kids will have the chance to visit with the Bunny and take home a treasured snapshot of the fun occasion.
Families who purchase a photo package will receive a complimentary children’s ticket* to visit the Crayola Experience (while supplies last).
This year, skip the line and book your family’s reservation with the Easter Bunny online at simonbunny.com.
Additionally, hop on over to The Florida Mall for an Hoppy Easter Brunch on Saturday, March 24 from 10am – 12pm in Center Court outside of the Dining Pavilion. Every-bunny will have the opportunity to enjoy an assortment of brunch items, kids crafts and activities, and special offers for Bunny photos during this free event. To attend, please RSVP here.
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces 2019-2020 FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando Season @drphillipsctr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 15, 2019
- Out and About: Cheddar’s Adds New Comfort Food Dishes to the Menu #CheddarsScratchKitchen #csktvtheloop - February 14, 2019
- Pentatonix and Rachel Platten Bring World Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center June 1 #PTXTheWorldTour - February 13, 2019
- Walt #Disney World Offering New Dining Package for Final Months of IllumiNations at Epcot - February 13, 2019
- 142nd Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 15-17, 2019 #SilverSpursRodeo - February 12, 2019
- Free Indie-Folkfest 2019 Returns to the Mennello Museum of American Art Feb 16 @MennelloMuseum - February 11, 2019
- Weekend of the Arts Festival Returns to Winter Park Feb 15-18, 2019 #WPInspires - February 10, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Valentine’s Day 2019 in Orlando and Central Florida - February 9, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Seven Seas Food Festival Celebrates International Street Food Feb 9 – May 5, 2019 - February 8, 2019
- Osceola County Fair Celebrates 75th Anniversary Starting Feb 8, 2019 @OsceolaCoFair #OsceolaCountyFair - February 7, 2019