Forget Shark Week. Wild Florida will launch their first annual Gator Week May 1-6, and best of all, admission is free to its Gator and Wildlife Park during that week.
Even though many view alligators as fierce carnivores always on the hunt, that’s not actually the case. To help dispel the myths, Wild Florida decided to dedicate an entire week to educating and debunking many common misunderstandings surrounding these reptiles through live demonstrations and interactive experiences.
Here is what is scheduled for Gator Week:
- May 1: Alligators have one of the strongest jaws of all living animals, with a bite force of 16,460 newtons (that’s A LOT). Experience this power with a live demonstration of alligators smashing watermelons between those jaws.
- May 2: Live Radio Broadcast by 103.1 The Wolf and Gator Jump-a-thon. Demonstrations throughout the day will show off the true power of these animals, and just how high they can jump to catch their prey.
- May 3: Fox 35’s David Martin will be live on-air interacting with alligators.
- May 4: “May the 4th” be with the alligators at Wild Florida. Come decked out in your Star Wars gear and Darth Gator costumes! Grand prize awarded to the best costume!
- May 5: It’s Cinco de Mayo! Come prepared to photograph animals throughout the park in their festive gear and share your animal memes on social media for a chance to win prizes.
- May 6: FREE gator photos holding Fluffy, our superstar alligator!
There will also be plenty of fun photo-ops and guest appearances made by some popular inhabitants of the Gator and Wildlife Park, such as sloths.
In addition to the above Gator Week activities, Wild Florida will offer a daily buffet in the Cypress Ballroom for $24.99 per person from 11:30am to 2pm, and will show the movie Lake Placid (edited for all ages) every day in the ballroom from 3:30pm to 5pm.
Wild Florida is located at 3301 Lake Cypress Rd, Kenansville, FL 34739, just south of Kissimmee via the Turnpike. Hours are 9am to 6pm Monday through Saturday; closed on Sunday.
- The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art Offering Free Admission Sept 17-22, 2019 .. @MorseMuseum - September 16, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces Details of New Coaster for 2020 .. @SeaWorld #SeaWorldOrlando #IceBreaker - September 15, 2019
- Central Florida Auto Show Returns to Orlando Sept 20-22 + Win Tickets! .. @OrlandoAutoShow - September 14, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando and Firehouse Subs Partner Together to Honor Florida First Responders with Free Admission .. #SeaWorldOrlando - September 10, 2019
- Central Florida Foodies Events For September 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies - September 9, 2019
- Walt Disney World to Close Early on Sept 3 Due to Hurricane Dorian ::UPDATED:: .. @WaltDisneyWorld @VisitOrlando #HurricaneDorian - September 2, 2019
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Dedication Ceremony of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Aug 28 .. #StarWars #StarWarsGalaxysEdge - August 27, 2019
- All-New Lagoon Show to Debut at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2019 .. #HHN29 @UniversalOrl @HorrorNightsORL - August 22, 2019
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019