Forget Shark Week. Wild Florida will launch their first annual Gator Week May 1-6, and best of all, admission is free to its Gator and Wildlife Park during that week.
Even though many view alligators as fierce carnivores always on the hunt, that’s not actually the case. To help dispel the myths, Wild Florida decided to dedicate an entire week to educating and debunking many common misunderstandings surrounding these reptiles through live demonstrations and interactive experiences.
Here is what is scheduled for Gator Week:
- May 1: Alligators have one of the strongest jaws of all living animals, with a bite force of 16,460 newtons (that’s A LOT). Experience this power with a live demonstration of alligators smashing watermelons between those jaws.
- May 2: Live Radio Broadcast by 103.1 The Wolf and Gator Jump-a-thon. Demonstrations throughout the day will show off the true power of these animals, and just how high they can jump to catch their prey.
- May 3: Fox 35’s David Martin will be live on-air interacting with alligators.
- May 4: “May the 4th” be with the alligators at Wild Florida. Come decked out in your Star Wars gear and Darth Gator costumes! Grand prize awarded to the best costume!
- May 5: It’s Cinco de Mayo! Come prepared to photograph animals throughout the park in their festive gear and share your animal memes on social media for a chance to win prizes.
- May 6: FREE gator photos holding Fluffy, our superstar alligator!
There will also be plenty of fun photo-ops and guest appearances made by some popular inhabitants of the Gator and Wildlife Park, such as sloths.
In addition to the above Gator Week activities, Wild Florida will offer a daily buffet in the Cypress Ballroom for $24.99 per person from 11:30am to 2pm, and will show the movie Lake Placid (edited for all ages) every day in the ballroom from 3:30pm to 5pm.
Wild Florida is located at 3301 Lake Cypress Rd, Kenansville, FL 34739, just south of Kissimmee via the Turnpike. Hours are 9am to 6pm Monday through Saturday; closed on Sunday.
- Universal Orlando Adds Jason Derulo and Jessie J to 2018 Mardi Gras Headliners - February 15, 2018
- MidiCi Kissimmee Hosts #IHeartMidiCi Charity Pizza Drive During Feb 2018 - February 14, 2018
- 140th Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 16-18 #silverspursrodeo - February 12, 2018
- Breaking: Walt Disney World Raises Ticket, Pass, and Parking Prices Effective Feb 11, 2018 - February 11, 2018
- Monster Energy Supercross comes to Tampa Feb. 24 + Discount Ticket Code - February 11, 2018
- Cirque du Soleil Brings New Show VOLTA to Tampa Feb 14-Mar 18, 2018 - February 10, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 9, 2018: Pizza Ponte, Lucky’s Market, Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, and More - February 9, 2018
- Disney’s The Lion King Roars into Orlando at the Dr Phillips Center February 14 – March 11, 2018 - February 8, 2018
- Free Orlando Wetlands Festival Returns to Fort Christmas Historical Park Feb 17 2018 - February 6, 2018
- Dr Phillips Charities Present Free Outdoor Family Concert with Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Feb 10, 2018 - February 5, 2018