An American in Paris, the most awarded new musical of 2015 and winner of four Tony Awards, comes to Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts December 13 -18, 2016.
Inspired by the 1951 Academy Award-winning film of the same name, An American in Paris is the romantic story about an American soldier and a mysterious French girl, in the European City of Love, each yearning for a new beginning in the aftermath of war.
Directed and choreographed by 2015 Tony Award-winner Christopher Wheeldon, the show features the music and lyrics of George Gershwin and Ira Gershwin, and a book by Craig Lucas.
An American in Paris won four 2015 Tony Awards, four Drama Desk Awards, four Outer Critics Circle Awards, the Drama League Award for Best Musical, three Fred and Adele Astaire Awards, and two Theatre World Awards. The Masterworks Broadway Original Broadway Cast recording was nominated for the Best Musical Theater Album Grammy Award.
For more information on the musical, visit anamericaninparisbroadway.com.
Tickets for An American in Paris start at $33.75, and can be purchased at drphillipscenter.org, by calling 844.513.2014, or by visiting the Dr. Phillips Center Box Office. Online and phone ticket purchases are subject to handling fees.
- THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD to Open at LEGOLAND Florida in 2019 - May 24, 2018
- Electric Ocean Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Memorial Day Weekend - May 23, 2018
- Orlando Officially Named Host City For 2022 Special Olympics USA Games - May 21, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup May 19, 2018: Taste Central Florida, Habit Burger, Hopdoddy Burger Bar, and More - May 19, 2018
- IAAPA Breaks Ground on New International Headquarters in Orlando - May 18, 2018
- MEGACON Orlando to give First Look at New Madame Tussauds’ Justice League Exhibit - May 16, 2018
- Headliners Announced for Rock the Universe 2018 at Universal Orlando - May 14, 2018
- Out and About: Orlando Welcomes 72 Million Visitors in 2017 #VisitOrlando - May 11, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating Mother’s Day 2018 - May 10, 2018
- Schedule Announced for Sunset Music Festival in Tampa May 26-27, 2018 #SMF2018 - May 9, 2018