The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden kicks off its 2016-2017 season with the musical Bonnie & Clyde. showing September 9 – October 2, 2016.
The production is a musical based on the historical acts of the infamous duo who became romanticized by a nation during the most challenging of economic times.
The fascination of Bonnie’s and Clyde’s exploits reached its zenith when, in 1933, undeveloped film found at one of their hideaways turned out to show the love story behind the violence. Public perception quickly changed when Clyde and his gang murdered two highway patrolmen on Easter Sunday, 1934.
This musical version of Bonnie & Clyde, infused with blues, gospel and fiddle-filled rockabilly, was nominated for Outstanding New Broadway Musical and Outstanding New Score by the Outer Critics Circle Awards, and for Original Score at the 2012 Tony Awards.
CAST AND CREW
The cast of Bonnie & Clyde includes Tay Anderson as Bonnie Parker, and Preston Ellis as Clyde Barrow.
They are joined by Lauren Culver as Blanche Barrow, Jake Rura as Buck Barrow, David Kotary as Ted Hinton, Al Mauro as Sheriff Schmid, Kristy Heffelfinger as Cumie Barrow / Gov. Ferguson, Mark Hardin as Henry Barrow, Alyson Johnson as Emma Parker, AJ Garcia as Bob Alcorn, Kit Cleto (Hands on a Hardbody) as Preacher, Bob Brandenburg as Capt. Frank Hamer, Julie Snyder (Biloxi Blues, Alice Lost in Wonderland, Miracle on 34th St) as Eleanor, Vicky Campadonico (Singin’ in the Rain) as Stella, Kelly Mauro as Trish, Domenic Servidio as Deputy Johnson, William Carleton IV as Bud, Sarah Isola as Young Bonnie, and Andre Torres as Young Clyde.
Garden Theatre’s Consulting Artistic Director, Rob Winn Anderson, will serve as director for this production
Tickets are $33 for adults and $29 for seniors and students, with special pricing of $29 for adults and $25 for seniors and students for opening night and Thursday performances.
Showtimes are Thursdays through Saturdays at 8pm and Sundays at 2pm. There will be one Industry Night performance on Monday, September 19 at 8pm with $15 tickets.
For tickets, visit gardentheatre.org or contact the Box Office at 407-877-GRDN (4736). Groups of 10 or more are eligible for discounts of up to 25% by contacting group sales manager Jana Goupil at 407-877-4736 x208.
This musical contains scenes with strong violence, death and loud shots fired from prop guns. Please take these themes into consideration when purchasing tickets.
[Photo by Steven Miller Photography]
- Out and About: Walt Disney World Opens Space 220 Restaurant at EPCOT .. #Space220 #EPCOT #DisneyDining #WaltDisneyWorld - September 21, 2021
- Space 220 Restaurant Opens at EPCOT Sept 20, 2021 .. #Space220 #EPCOT #DisneyDining - September 17, 2021
- SeaWorld Orlando Welcomes Families to SeaWorld Spooktacular® Starting Sept 18, 2021 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #HalloweenSpooktacular - September 16, 2021
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Returns Oct 29-30, 2021 .. #SwanandDolphin #FoodandWineClassic #OrlandoFoodies - September 15, 2021
- Visit Orlando Extends Magical Dining Until October 17, 2021 .. #VisitOrlando #MagicalDining #OrlandoRestaurants - September 14, 2021
- Out and About: Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining at JALEO at Disney Springs .. #VisitOrlando #MagicalDining #Jaleo #DisneySprings - September 13, 2021
- SeaWorld Orlando Extends Craft Beer Festival Through October 31, 2021 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #CraftBeer - September 12, 2021
- ICON Park honors First Responders on 20th Anniversary of 9/11 .. #ICONPark #FirstResponders - September 10, 2021
- Ramen Rumble 4 Comes to Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs Sept 28, 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #RamenRumble4 - September 10, 2021
- Rib & Whiskey Menu Returns to Marlow’s Tavern Locations .. #MarlowsTavern #RibsAndWhiskey - September 9, 2021