To celebrate the opening of the Mako hypercoaster, SeaWorld Orlando has launched the Summer of Mako, a park-wide event.
Throughout the day, guests will have more opportunities to meet SeaWorld’s animals, attend scheduled feedings and talk with animal ambassadors, educators and experts. Guests can also participate in a park-wide, text message-based scavenger hunt called Mako Challenge, and for every completed challenge, SeaWorld will donate $1 to the SeaWorld Busch Gardens Conservation Fund on their behalf.
The park is also offering several limited-time, Mako-inspired and SeaWorld-exclusive products including a honey vanilla mako shark cookie; a SeaWorld exclusive Coca-Cola Freestyle mix called Mako Blast; a specialty alcoholic beverage only available at Shark’s Underwater Grill; and Mako American Red Ale, a SeaWorld exclusive brew available in several locations around SeaWorld.
Also now open is the all-new Shark Touch Pool where guests who have ever dreamed of touching a shark will have the opportunity to do so this summer at SeaWorld Orlando. The Relaxation Station located near Wild Arctic will be home to this brand-new educational experience where guests will have the chance to learn about and interact with brownbanded bamboo sharks, whitespotted bamboo sharks and epaulette sharks.
As the sun sets each evening, fan favorite Shamu’s Celebration: Light up the Night returns June 18 with a fireworks finale.
The park is offering a $99 ticket that includes admission to both SeaWorld and Aquatica Water Park, which kicks off its own summer celebration, Island Nights presented by Coca-Cola, on July 8. Florida residents can purchase an annual pass to both parks and pay just $16/month.
For more information, or to purchase tickets and passes, visit seaworldorlando.com.
[Photos courtesy SeaWorld Orlando]
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 23, 2018: Pig Floyd’s, Pizza Bruno, Be Our Guest, and More - February 23, 2018
- February 22 is National Margarita Day – Where to Celebrate in the Orlando Area - February 22, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Announces Concert Line-Up For 2018 Food & Wine Fest Starting March 3 - February 21, 2018
- 10th Annual Downtown Food & Wine Fest Returns to Lake Eola Park in Orlando Feb 24-25, 2018 - February 20, 2018
- Sonny’s BBQ Smokin’ Showdown Comes to Orlando March 3 + Win Tickets! #sonnysbbq - February 19, 2018
- Out and About: Selena Comes to Madame Tussauds Orlando - February 18, 2018
- Walt Disney World Announces Toy Story Land to Open June 30, 2018 - February 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 16, 2018: The Glass Knife, MidiCi, Pammie’s Sammies, and More - February 16, 2018
- Universal Orlando Adds Jason Derulo and Jessie J to 2018 Mardi Gras Headliners - February 15, 2018
- MidiCi Kissimmee Hosts #IHeartMidiCi Charity Pizza Drive During Feb 2018 - February 14, 2018