This month, The Rusty Spoon will celebrating its 5 year anniversary all April long with a series of chef-driven events.
Three-time James Beard Award nominated chef Kathleen Blake will hold these events with some of her friends and past collaborators within the industry including Melissa Kelly, Kevin Fonzo, Penny Barend and Melissa Khoury.
First up is the 5 & 15 Anniversary Mash-up on Saturday, April 2. Chef Blake will pair with Chef Fonzo on a family-style dinner to celebrate both The Rusty Spoon’s five-year anniversary and Fonzo’s K Restaurant’s fifteen-year anniversary.
The menu will be four courses featuring the farmer that introduced them to each other, Jim Wood of Palmetto Creek Farm, and lots of pork. Cost is $55, including two wine pairings.
Later in the month, on April 21, artisan butchers Penny Barend and Melissa Khoury of Cleveland-based Saucisson will collaborate with Chef Blake for a nose-to-tail dinner. Barend and Khoury worked with Chef Blake during her time at Primo and Penny was instrumental in opening The Rusty Spoon as Chef de Cuisine.
The next evening, April 22, Chef Melissa Kelly of Primo will join Chef Blake for a very special Earth Day dinner. The collaborative dinner celebrates not only the bounty of Central Florida, the farmers, the artisans, family and friends but also their 20 plus year friendship.
I haven’t been given costs for the last two dinners, but you can get more information and make reservations for any of these dinners by calling 407.401.8811.
Congratulations to Chef Blake on the 5th anniversary of The Rusty Spoon!
- Tango Cares Needs Your Help to Feed Orlando’s Unemployed Hospitality Workers .. #TangoCares #MiasItalianKitchen #CafeTuTuTango - July 6, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 5, 2020: The Old Jailhouse, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, Chef Bruno Fonseca, Shake Shack, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoRestaurants - July 5, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2020 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #Grilling - July 1, 2020
- The Bourne Stuntacular to Grand Open at Universal Orlando June 30, 2020 with Sneak Peek Online June 29 .. #UniversalOrlando #BourneStuntacular #ThemeParkNews - June 29, 2020
- Florida Suspends Alcohol Consumption at Bars Again Due to COVID-19 .. #FloridaBars #DoYourPart - June 28, 2020
- Orange County Florida Launches New “Safer, Stronger, Together” Campaign for Businesses & Residents to Combat COVID-19 Spread .. #DoYourPartORL #VisitOrlando @OrangeCoFL - June 27, 2020
- Walt Disney World to Give Magic Kingdom’s Splash Mountain New ‘The Princess and the Frog’ Theme .. #WaltDisneyWorld #SplashMountain #ThePrincessandtheFrog #Tiana - June 26, 2020
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to Host ‘MLS is Back’ Tournament This Summer .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ESPN #WWoS #MLSisBack #Soccer - June 21, 2020
- Walt Disney World Cancels Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for 2020 .. #Disney #MNSSHP #Halloween - June 20, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2020 .. #FathersDay #VisitOrlando #OrlandoRestaurants - June 18, 2020