This month, The Rusty Spoon will celebrating its 5 year anniversary all April long with a series of chef-driven events.
Three-time James Beard Award nominated chef Kathleen Blake will hold these events with some of her friends and past collaborators within the industry including Melissa Kelly, Kevin Fonzo, Penny Barend and Melissa Khoury.
First up is the 5 & 15 Anniversary Mash-up on Saturday, April 2. Chef Blake will pair with Chef Fonzo on a family-style dinner to celebrate both The Rusty Spoon’s five-year anniversary and Fonzo’s K Restaurant’s fifteen-year anniversary.
The menu will be four courses featuring the farmer that introduced them to each other, Jim Wood of Palmetto Creek Farm, and lots of pork. Cost is $55, including two wine pairings.
Later in the month, on April 21, artisan butchers Penny Barend and Melissa Khoury of Cleveland-based Saucisson will collaborate with Chef Blake for a nose-to-tail dinner. Barend and Khoury worked with Chef Blake during her time at Primo and Penny was instrumental in opening The Rusty Spoon as Chef de Cuisine.
The next evening, April 22, Chef Melissa Kelly of Primo will join Chef Blake for a very special Earth Day dinner. The collaborative dinner celebrates not only the bounty of Central Florida, the farmers, the artisans, family and friends but also their 20 plus year friendship.
I haven’t been given costs for the last two dinners, but you can get more information and make reservations for any of these dinners by calling 407.401.8811.
Congratulations to Chef Blake on the 5th anniversary of The Rusty Spoon!
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup March 24, 2018: National Paella Day, Foxtail Coffee, DOMU, and More - March 24, 2018
- Win Easter Lunch at First-Ever Unlimited Izakaya Lunch at Dragonfly Robata Grill and Sushi @DflyOrlando - March 23, 2018
- House of Blues Orlando Presents AWOLNATION May 24, 2018 - March 22, 2018
- LEGOLAND Florida to Open Funnel Cake Factory Spring 2018 - March 21, 2018
- Orlando Science Center Hosts Top Secret Weekend March 24-25, 2018 #orlandosciencecenter - March 20, 2018
- Meet the Local Actresses appearing in Waitress at Dr. Phillips Center March 20-25, 2018 - March 19, 2018
- The Great LEGO Race Opens March 23 at LEGOLAND Florida - March 18, 2018
- Winn-Dixie Announces Plans to Close Some Central Florida Stores Following Bankruptcy Filing - March 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup March 16, 2018: Urbain 40, Hunger Street Tacos, Morthan Cheese, and More - March 16, 2018
- Walt Disney World to Start Charging Resort Guests Overnight Parking Fees - March 15, 2018