Orlando City SC has announced a multi-year local broadcast partnership with Orlando’s WRDQ TV 27, part of the Cox Media Group Orlando TV group.
Under the deal, the station will become the exclusive English-language broadcast home of Orlando City, and will gain the rights to telecast all of the Lions’ non-nationally televised Major League Soccer (MLS) regular season and playoff matches.
These match broadcasts will be expanded to feature new 30 minute pregame and postgame shows, designed to provide further insight and analysis into the Lions’ performance each and every game.
The station will also debut a dedicated weekly Orlando City show, giving fans an inside look into their favorite Club, with player features and behind-the-scenes access.
This exclusive access will carry across to Eyewitness News on WRDQ TV 27 and sister station, WFTV Channel 9, in the form of special Orlando City segments, highlights, and interviews. WFTV is one of the highest rated ABC affiliates in the United States.
WRDQ TV 27 will begin its broadcast season with the Lions’ MLS home opener against Real Salt Lake at the Orlando Citrus Bowl on Sunday, March 6, 2016. Additional information on broadcast schedules, on-air talent and the weekly show will be released before the start of the MLS season.
For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com.
- February 22 is National Margarita Day – Where to Celebrate in the Orlando Area - February 22, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Announces Concert Line-Up For 2018 Food & Wine Fest Starting March 3 - February 21, 2018
- 10th Annual Downtown Food & Wine Fest Returns to Lake Eola Park in Orlando Feb 24-25, 2018 - February 20, 2018
- Sonny’s BBQ Smokin’ Showdown Comes to Orlando March 3 + Win Tickets! #sonnysbbq - February 19, 2018
- Out and About: Selena Comes to Madame Tussauds Orlando - February 18, 2018
- Walt Disney World Announces Toy Story Land to Open June 30, 2018 - February 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 16, 2018: The Glass Knife, MidiCi, Pammie’s Sammies, and More - February 16, 2018
- Universal Orlando Adds Jason Derulo and Jessie J to 2018 Mardi Gras Headliners - February 15, 2018
- MidiCi Kissimmee Hosts #IHeartMidiCi Charity Pizza Drive During Feb 2018 - February 14, 2018
- 140th Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 16-18 #silverspursrodeo - February 12, 2018