Orlando City SC has announced a multi-year local broadcast partnership with Orlando’s WRDQ TV 27, part of the Cox Media Group Orlando TV group.
Under the deal, the station will become the exclusive English-language broadcast home of Orlando City, and will gain the rights to telecast all of the Lions’ non-nationally televised Major League Soccer (MLS) regular season and playoff matches.
These match broadcasts will be expanded to feature new 30 minute pregame and postgame shows, designed to provide further insight and analysis into the Lions’ performance each and every game.
The station will also debut a dedicated weekly Orlando City show, giving fans an inside look into their favorite Club, with player features and behind-the-scenes access.
This exclusive access will carry across to Eyewitness News on WRDQ TV 27 and sister station, WFTV Channel 9, in the form of special Orlando City segments, highlights, and interviews. WFTV is one of the highest rated ABC affiliates in the United States.
WRDQ TV 27 will begin its broadcast season with the Lions’ MLS home opener against Real Salt Lake at the Orlando Citrus Bowl on Sunday, March 6, 2016. Additional information on broadcast schedules, on-air talent and the weekly show will be released before the start of the MLS season.
For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com.
- SunRail to Offer Free Tickets to Kick Off Southern Expansion Stops - July 22, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup July 21, 2018: MidiCi, Taste! Central Florida, Royal Tea, Duck Donuts, and More - July 21, 2018
- Out and About: Sampling the Summer Menu at Marlow’s Tavern at Pointe Orlando #MarlowsSummer #MarlowsOrlando - July 20, 2018
- Christmas at Gaylord Palms 2018 ICE! Theme Will Be ‘A Christmas Story’ @GaylordPalms #CAGP - July 19, 2018
- Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Month Returns Aug 24-Sept 30, 2018 - July 18, 2018
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy To Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Early 2019 - July 17, 2018
- Orlando Shakes Hosts 30th Anniversary Season Gala Sept 16, 2018 @OrlandoShakes - July 16, 2018
- Frightened Rabbit Tribute Show at Will’s Pub July 19 to Benefit TWLOHA - July 15, 2018
- Universal Orlando Announces Chucky and Killer Klowns Scare Zones for Halloween Horror Nights 28 #HHN28 - July 13, 2018
- Ellipsis Brewing Marks Six-Month Anniversary with 5 Special Release Brews - July 12, 2018