This weekend, the first ever OrlandoiX festival took place, showcasing Central Florida’s vibrant tech scene, and I think it was a fun and informative look at what we have to offer.
In the exhibit room, I met representatives of a variety of companies that were demonstrating everything from 3-D printers to virtual reality flight simulators. I loved checking out Trobo, the storytelling robot who interacts with various STEM-orientated adventures for kids.
Full Sail University, one of the sponsors, had a couple of simulators, including a popular parasailing adventure, using the Oculus Rift system, and a hoverboard simulator.
Purple Rock Scissors displayed their fun Gifn social media photobooth. It comes with a lighting ring and takes three photos which it then stitches together into a animated .gif. That .gif can then be sent out via social media. You can see mine if you click the image below…I got a little goofy.
There was so much so see, but there were also panels to check out, and so much to learn. I especially enjoyed the Digital Expo’s Keynotes by the NFL’s Michelle McKenna-Doyle, which made a lot of great points about branding, and Coca-Cola’s Kimberly Gnatt, who showed how they are integrating the latest tech and social media tools to build brand loyalty.
I couldn’t make it to everything, due to illness and family committments, but I found OrlandoiX to be very fun and informative at the same time. I look forward to seeing this conference grow in the coming years as it continues to showcase the best of the Orlando tech scene, from games to inventions to the digital world.
We’ll let you know when plans are announced for the next OrlandoiX, but in the meantime, you can relive moments from the four-day conference (and pre-party) over at the OrlandoiX Instagram, or with the hashtag #OrlandoiX on social media.
- Out and About: Mia’s Italian Kitchen on I-Drive Adds Bottomless Dining Option to Menu .. @MiasItalian_Orl - November 17, 2019
- Aquatica Orlando Announces Florida’s First Dueling Water Slide to Debut in 2020 .. @AquaticaOrlando #RiptideRace - November 15, 2019
- Festival of Trees Turns Orlando Museum of Art Into Winter Wonderland Nov 16-24, 2019 .. @OMAOrlando #FestivalofTrees - November 14, 2019
- Annie Russell Theatre at Rollins College Presents ‘Private Lies: Improvised Film Noir’ Nov 15-23 .. @rollinscollege #OrlandoArts - November 12, 2019
- Orlando SeaWolves Host 2nd Annual Free Soccer Fan Fest at Osceola Heritage Park Nov 17 .. @MCOSeaWolves - November 11, 2019
- Jonas Brothers Bring Happiness Begins Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center November 16 .. @AmwayCenter @JonasBrothers - November 10, 2019
- 8th Annual Barktoberfest Returns to Lake Eola Park Nov 17 .. @ocas_Orlando #Barktoberfest - November 10, 2019
- Lockheed Martin Space and Air Show Tickets On Sale Nov 10 for 2020 Show .. @SpaceandAirShow - November 9, 2019
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Announces Special Veterans Day 2019 Offer .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #VeteransDay - November 8, 2019
- Country Thunder Returns to Kissimmee in 2020 with All-Star Line-Up .. @CountryThunder - November 7, 2019