This weekend, the first ever OrlandoiX festival took place, showcasing Central Florida’s vibrant tech scene, and I think it was a fun and informative look at what we have to offer.
In the exhibit room, I met representatives of a variety of companies that were demonstrating everything from 3-D printers to virtual reality flight simulators. I loved checking out Trobo, the storytelling robot who interacts with various STEM-orientated adventures for kids.
Full Sail University, one of the sponsors, had a couple of simulators, including a popular parasailing adventure, using the Oculus Rift system, and a hoverboard simulator.
Purple Rock Scissors displayed their fun Gifn social media photobooth. It comes with a lighting ring and takes three photos which it then stitches together into a animated .gif. That .gif can then be sent out via social media. You can see mine if you click the image below…I got a little goofy.
There was so much so see, but there were also panels to check out, and so much to learn. I especially enjoyed the Digital Expo’s Keynotes by the NFL’s Michelle McKenna-Doyle, which made a lot of great points about branding, and Coca-Cola’s Kimberly Gnatt, who showed how they are integrating the latest tech and social media tools to build brand loyalty.
I couldn’t make it to everything, due to illness and family committments, but I found OrlandoiX to be very fun and informative at the same time. I look forward to seeing this conference grow in the coming years as it continues to showcase the best of the Orlando tech scene, from games to inventions to the digital world.
We’ll let you know when plans are announced for the next OrlandoiX, but in the meantime, you can relive moments from the four-day conference (and pre-party) over at the OrlandoiX Instagram, or with the hashtag #OrlandoiX on social media.
- The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art Offering Free Admission Sept 17-22, 2019 .. @MorseMuseum - September 16, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces Details of New Coaster for 2020 .. @SeaWorld #SeaWorldOrlando #IceBreaker - September 15, 2019
- Central Florida Auto Show Returns to Orlando Sept 20-22 + Win Tickets! .. @OrlandoAutoShow - September 14, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando and Firehouse Subs Partner Together to Honor Florida First Responders with Free Admission .. #SeaWorldOrlando - September 10, 2019
- Central Florida Foodies Events For September 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies - September 9, 2019
- Walt Disney World to Close Early on Sept 3 Due to Hurricane Dorian ::UPDATED:: .. @WaltDisneyWorld @VisitOrlando #HurricaneDorian - September 2, 2019
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Dedication Ceremony of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Aug 28 .. #StarWars #StarWarsGalaxysEdge - August 27, 2019
- All-New Lagoon Show to Debut at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2019 .. #HHN29 @UniversalOrl @HorrorNightsORL - August 22, 2019
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019