This weekend, the first ever OrlandoiX festival took place, showcasing Central Florida’s vibrant tech scene, and I think it was a fun and informative look at what we have to offer.
In the exhibit room, I met representatives of a variety of companies that were demonstrating everything from 3-D printers to virtual reality flight simulators. I loved checking out Trobo, the storytelling robot who interacts with various STEM-orientated adventures for kids.
Full Sail University, one of the sponsors, had a couple of simulators, including a popular parasailing adventure, using the Oculus Rift system, and a hoverboard simulator.
Purple Rock Scissors displayed their fun Gifn social media photobooth. It comes with a lighting ring and takes three photos which it then stitches together into a animated .gif. That .gif can then be sent out via social media. You can see mine if you click the image below…I got a little goofy.
There was so much so see, but there were also panels to check out, and so much to learn. I especially enjoyed the Digital Expo’s Keynotes by the NFL’s Michelle McKenna-Doyle, which made a lot of great points about branding, and Coca-Cola’s Kimberly Gnatt, who showed how they are integrating the latest tech and social media tools to build brand loyalty.
I couldn’t make it to everything, due to illness and family committments, but I found OrlandoiX to be very fun and informative at the same time. I look forward to seeing this conference grow in the coming years as it continues to showcase the best of the Orlando tech scene, from games to inventions to the digital world.
We’ll let you know when plans are announced for the next OrlandoiX, but in the meantime, you can relive moments from the four-day conference (and pre-party) over at the OrlandoiX Instagram, or with the hashtag #OrlandoiX on social media.
- Walt Disney World To Cut Theme Park Hours Starting in September .. #WaltDisneyWorld - August 11, 2020
- Enchanted Fairy Doors Returns to Harry P. Leu Gardens … #LeuGardens #FairyDoors - August 10, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For August 7, 2020: Pig Floyd’s, Framework Craft Coffee Bar, The New Standard, Paddlefish, Eola General, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - August 7, 2020
- The 2020 Florida Film Festival Goes Virtual August 8-20 .. #FFF2020 - August 6, 2020
- Country Thunder Florida Cancels 2020 Festival and Announces 2021 Dates .. #CountryThunder #musicfestivals #Kissimmee - August 5, 2020
- Walt Disney World Replaces Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios .. #WaltDisneyWorld #BeautyandtheBeast - August 4, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort Reopens With Deal for Florida Resident and WDW Passholders .. #SwanandDolphin #FloridaResidentDeals - August 4, 2020
- Universal Orlando Offers Special ‘Buy a Day’ Deal to Florida Residents for Limited Time .. #UniversalOrlando #FloridaResidentDeals - August 3, 2020
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns August 2020 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool - July 31, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 30, 2020: Sister Honey’s, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Finca, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - July 30, 2020