This weekend, the first ever OrlandoiX festival took place, showcasing Central Florida’s vibrant tech scene, and I think it was a fun and informative look at what we have to offer.
In the exhibit room, I met representatives of a variety of companies that were demonstrating everything from 3-D printers to virtual reality flight simulators. I loved checking out Trobo, the storytelling robot who interacts with various STEM-orientated adventures for kids.
Full Sail University, one of the sponsors, had a couple of simulators, including a popular parasailing adventure, using the Oculus Rift system, and a hoverboard simulator.
Purple Rock Scissors displayed their fun Gifn social media photobooth. It comes with a lighting ring and takes three photos which it then stitches together into a animated .gif. That .gif can then be sent out via social media. You can see mine if you click the image below…I got a little goofy.
There was so much so see, but there were also panels to check out, and so much to learn. I especially enjoyed the Digital Expo’s Keynotes by the NFL’s Michelle McKenna-Doyle, which made a lot of great points about branding, and Coca-Cola’s Kimberly Gnatt, who showed how they are integrating the latest tech and social media tools to build brand loyalty.
I couldn’t make it to everything, due to illness and family committments, but I found OrlandoiX to be very fun and informative at the same time. I look forward to seeing this conference grow in the coming years as it continues to showcase the best of the Orlando tech scene, from games to inventions to the digital world.
We’ll let you know when plans are announced for the next OrlandoiX, but in the meantime, you can relive moments from the four-day conference (and pre-party) over at the OrlandoiX Instagram, or with the hashtag #OrlandoiX on social media.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s 2020 Picks For #Easter Dining In #Orlando (At Home) - April 8, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For April 8, 2020: Kadance, Hawkers, Canvas, ICON Park, Estefan Kitchen Orlando, Ravenous Pig, and More .. #OrlandoFoodies - April 8, 2020
- Orange County and Visit Orlando Launch ‘#407Day’ Campaign April 7 to Support Local Restaurants .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoToGo #VisitOrlando - April 6, 2020
- Enzian Theater Offering Four New Indie Movies to Stream .. @EnzianTheater @atwdfilm #CorpusChristiFilm @ExtraOrdFilm @SWMYfilm - April 5, 2020
- Southern Fried Sunday to Host Second Free Online #StayHome Music Fest April 5 With Optional Food Supplied by Winter Park’s #NewStandard .. #SFS - April 5, 2020
- SeaWorld Parks Provide Free Online Animal and Nature Classroom Resources .. @SeaWorld #ClassroomResources - April 4, 2020
- Creative City Project Presents “Stimulate the Arts” Online Fundraiser .. @Creative_Proj #OrlandoArts - April 3, 2020
- Orlando’s East End Market Launches Mobile Delivery Service .. @EastEndMkt - April 2, 2020
- Feed the Need Florida to Distribute Meals to Families Impacted by COVID-19 .. #FeedtheNeedFL - March 31, 2020
- Monster Jam World Finals 2020 in Orlando Has Been Cancelled .. @MonsterJam #MonsterJam - March 30, 2020