This weekend, the first ever OrlandoiX festival took place, showcasing Central Florida’s vibrant tech scene, and I think it was a fun and informative look at what we have to offer.
In the exhibit room, I met representatives of a variety of companies that were demonstrating everything from 3-D printers to virtual reality flight simulators. I loved checking out Trobo, the storytelling robot who interacts with various STEM-orientated adventures for kids.
Full Sail University, one of the sponsors, had a couple of simulators, including a popular parasailing adventure, using the Oculus Rift system, and a hoverboard simulator.
Purple Rock Scissors displayed their fun Gifn social media photobooth. It comes with a lighting ring and takes three photos which it then stitches together into a animated .gif. That .gif can then be sent out via social media. You can see mine if you click the image below…I got a little goofy.
There was so much so see, but there were also panels to check out, and so much to learn. I especially enjoyed the Digital Expo’s Keynotes by the NFL’s Michelle McKenna-Doyle, which made a lot of great points about branding, and Coca-Cola’s Kimberly Gnatt, who showed how they are integrating the latest tech and social media tools to build brand loyalty.
I couldn’t make it to everything, due to illness and family committments, but I found OrlandoiX to be very fun and informative at the same time. I look forward to seeing this conference grow in the coming years as it continues to showcase the best of the Orlando tech scene, from games to inventions to the digital world.
We’ll let you know when plans are announced for the next OrlandoiX, but in the meantime, you can relive moments from the four-day conference (and pre-party) over at the OrlandoiX Instagram, or with the hashtag #OrlandoiX on social media.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2021 .. #FathersDay #VisitOrlando #OrlandoRestaurants - June 13, 2021
- Swamp Sistas Hold Summer Hope for Kids Fundraiser June 12-17, 2021 .. @SwampSistas @FeedHopeNow - June 12, 2021
- Out and About: Foxtail Coffee Pairs with Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream and Ravenous Pig Brewing for New Winter Park Location .. @FoxtailCoffee @KellysHMIC @RavenousPig #OrlandoCoffee #OrlandoIceCream #CentralFLBreweries - June 11, 2021
- Creative City Project Announces 2021-2022 Season of Events in Orlando .. @Creative_Proj #CreativeCityProject #OrlandoArts - June 11, 2021
- Five-Year Pulse Remembrance Week Events for 2021 .. #Pulse5YearsLater #RememberPulse - June 5, 2021
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces Howl-O-Scream Halloween Event Coming to Park for First Time .. #SeaWorldOrlando #HowlOScream #OrlandoHalloween - June 4, 2021
- LEGO NINJAGO Days Return to LEGOLAND Florida in June .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #LEGONINJAGO - June 4, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To Celebrating National Donut Day June 4, 2021 .. #NationalDonutDay #OrlandoDonuts #OrlandoDoughnuts - June 3, 2021
- Walt Disney World Reveals Details About Disney After Hours Boo Bash .. #WaltDisneyWorld #DisneyAfterHours #BooBash #OrlandoHalloween - June 3, 2021
- Orlando Fringe Announces 2021 Award Winners and Details on DigiFringe Starting June 4 .. @OrlandoFringe #OrlandoFringe #DigiFringe #OrlandoArts - June 2, 2021