Multi-platinum rock band Alice In Chains will be bringing their tour to Central Florida for one show on Monday, August 10, at the Hard Rock Live Orlando.
The band rose to international fame as part of the Seattle grunge movement of the early 1990’s. The band sold millions of albums and was a mainstay on radio and MTV with songs like “Man In the Box,” “Would?,” “Rooster,” and “I Stay Away.”
The band took a hiatus in the mid-90s through the mid-2000’s, which included lead vocalist Layne Staley losing his battle with drug addiction. Then in 2005, members of Alice in Chains reunited to perform a benefit concert in Seattle for victims of the tsunami disaster that struck South Asia in 2004. The band decided to keep touring and eventually started recording again.
The present day lineup, which includes Jerry Cantrell (guitar/vocals), Sean Kinney (drums), Mike Inez (bass), and William DuVall (vocals) is currently on tour following their recent halftime performance at the NFC Championship game in January. This is their first tour since their 2013-2014 worldwide run in support of the Grammy-nominated album The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here.
Tickets for the Hard Rock Live Orlando show run from $45.50 to $100.50, plus tax/fees, and can be purchased online at hardrock.com and at the box office. The band has announced it is donating two dollars for every pre-sold ticket to a memorial fundraiser for a young man named Stefan Dayne-Ankle, who sadly lost his battle with Leukemia.
For more information on Alice In Chains, visit aliceinchains.com.
To get you in the mood for the show, here is the video sampler for The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here:
And here is my favorite Alice In Chains song, “Would?”:
- Out and About: The LEGO Movie Days Make LEGOLAND Florida Even More Awesome! #BuiltForKids #LEGOMovieDays - July 19, 2019
- ICE! at Gaylord Palms to Feature ‘The Polar Express’ for 2019 #CAGP19 #VisitICE2019 - July 18, 2019
- Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Returns Aug 23 with Record Breaking 120+ Restaurants @VisitOrlando #MagicalDining - July 17, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando Salutes First Responders with Half Off Admission Through July 31 #SeaWorldOrlando - July 16, 2019
- Apollo 11 Moon landing 50th Anniversary Events This Week in Central Florida #Apollo11 - July 15, 2019
- Dates Unveiled for the 2019 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays #WaltDisneyWorld - July 14, 2019
- Win a Family 4-Pack of Tickets to Disney’s Newsies at Osceola Arts! @Osceola_Arts #Giveaway - July 10, 2019
- LEGOLAND Florida Hosts THE LEGO MOVIE DAYS Weekends in July and August 2019 #BuiltForKids - July 9, 2019
- Osceola Arts Presents Disney’s ‘Newsies’ Starting July 12 @Osceola_Arts - July 8, 2019
- July 4th Fireworks To Live Stream From Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Tonight - July 4, 2019