Multi-platinum rock band Alice In Chains will be bringing their tour to Central Florida for one show on Monday, August 10, at the Hard Rock Live Orlando.
The band rose to international fame as part of the Seattle grunge movement of the early 1990’s. The band sold millions of albums and was a mainstay on radio and MTV with songs like “Man In the Box,” “Would?,” “Rooster,” and “I Stay Away.”
The band took a hiatus in the mid-90s through the mid-2000’s, which included lead vocalist Layne Staley losing his battle with drug addiction. Then in 2005, members of Alice in Chains reunited to perform a benefit concert in Seattle for victims of the tsunami disaster that struck South Asia in 2004. The band decided to keep touring and eventually started recording again.
The present day lineup, which includes Jerry Cantrell (guitar/vocals), Sean Kinney (drums), Mike Inez (bass), and William DuVall (vocals) is currently on tour following their recent halftime performance at the NFC Championship game in January. This is their first tour since their 2013-2014 worldwide run in support of the Grammy-nominated album The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here.
Tickets for the Hard Rock Live Orlando show run from $45.50 to $100.50, plus tax/fees, and can be purchased online at hardrock.com and at the box office. The band has announced it is donating two dollars for every pre-sold ticket to a memorial fundraiser for a young man named Stefan Dayne-Ankle, who sadly lost his battle with Leukemia.
For more information on Alice In Chains, visit aliceinchains.com.
To get you in the mood for the show, here is the video sampler for The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here:
And here is my favorite Alice In Chains song, “Would?”:
- The 28th Annual Florida Film Festival Announces Grand Jury and Audience Award Winners #FFF2019 - April 22, 2019
- Dr Phillips Center Hosts Auditions for Jesus Christ Superstar National Tour on Saturday, April 20 @drphillipsctr #JesusChristSuperstar - April 18, 2019
- Party for the Planet Returns to Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 20-22, 2019 #EarthDay2019 #PartyforthePlanet - April 17, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s 2019 Picks For Easter Dining And Family Fun In Orlando - April 16, 2019
- Monster Jam World Finals XX Roll Into Orlando’s Camping World Stadium May 10-11, 2019 #MonsterJam - April 15, 2019
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Digital Ticket Lottery for Dear Evan Hansen #YouWillBeFound #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - April 12, 2019
- Five Reasons You Should Attend the 2019 Florida Film Festival #FFF2019 - April 11, 2019
- Central Florida Foodie Events for April 2019 #OrlandoFoodies ::UPDATED:: - April 7, 2019
- Out and About: CityArts Opens in Historic Roger Kiene Building in Downtown Orlando - March 31, 2019
- Out and About: Tony Roma’s Serves Up Delicious New Classics Menu Through April 28, 2019 @TonyRomas - March 27, 2019