On Saturday, May 30, 2015, four space shuttle astronauts will be inducted into the United States Astronaut Hall of Fame during a public ceremony held at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex’s Space Shuttle Atlantis attraction.
This year marks the historic 25th anniversary of the Hall of Fame, which was conceived in the 1980s by the six remaining Mercury astronauts as a place where space explorers could be remembered. Past Hall of Fame inductees include Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, Skylab and Space Shuttle astronauts.
The inductees for 2015 include: John Grunsfeld, Ph. D., a mission specialist and payload commander who flew five missions; on three of these, he performed extensive extravehicular activities (EVAs) to repair the ailing Hubble Space Telescope; Steven Lindsey (Colonel, USAF, Ret.) and Kent Rominger (Captain, USN, Ret.), former military aviators who became space shuttle pilots and commanders, each flying five space shuttle missions critical to the construction and support of the International Space Station; and M. Rhea Seddon, M.D., a medical doctor and one of NASA’s first female astronauts, who served as a mission specialist and payload commander on three life sciences missions.
More than 20 legendary astronauts are scheduled to attend including NASA Administrator Charlie Bolden, Kennedy Space Center Director Bob Cabana, Apollo astronauts Walt Cunningham and Al Worden, and numerous space shuttle astronauts such as Bob Crippen, Eileen Collins, Dan Brandenstein, Charlie Precourt and Brewster Shaw.
Astronaut appearances, signing and photo opportunities will take place on the top floor of Space Shuttle Atlantis, prior to the ceremony on May 30:
- 10:30 – 11:30 am: Astronauts Dick Covey and Frank Culbertson
- 11:30 am – 12:30 pm: Astronauts Al Worden and Bob Crippen
The 2015 Astronaut Hall of Fame Induction will take place at 2pm on Saturday, May 30. Admittance into the ceremony is included in admission to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex; however, seating is limited and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, visit KennedySpaceCenter.com.
- Luke Combs Brings 2020 Tour to Amway Center in Orlando in November .. @AmwayCenter @LukeCombs - February 25, 2020
- Orlando Fringe Hosts Peace, Love, & Fringe! Fundraiser at Orlando Museum of Art Feb 28, 2020 .. @OrlandoFringe #PeaceLoveFringe - February 24, 2020
- The Weeknd Brings After Hours Tour to Amway Center in Orlando July 2020 .. @AmwayCenter @TheWeeknd - February 24, 2020
- The 13th Annual UCF-Orlando Jazz Festival Comes to UCF Feb 28-29 .. @UCF #OrlandoArts - February 23, 2020
- The TODAY Show to Broadcast Live from Universal Orlando on Feb 28, 2020 .. @UniversalOrlando @TODAYshow - February 22, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating National Margarita Day Feb 22, 2020 .. #NationalMargaritaDay - February 21, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces the FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando 2020/2021 Season .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 20, 2020
- The Masked Singer National Tour Comes to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center This Summer .. #TheMaskedSinger @DrPhillipsCtr - February 17, 2020
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020