Soccer fans get ready! It was announced today that Orlando will host an international soccer game between the Mexican and Costa Rican national teams at the Orlando Citrus Bowl.
The match will take place on June 27, at 6pm, and will be crucial for both squads as they make final preparations ahead of the CONCACAF Gold Cup – the bi-annual continental championship to be played across North America in July. Capturing the Gold Cup would give the winner a chance to face the United States in a play-in game to qualify for the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup.
“Part of our ongoing commitment to the community has been to attract global soccer events that drive our local economy, and today we deliver again on that commitment,” said Orlando City Founder and President Phil Rawlins. “This is a clash of two major CONCACAF rivals that we expect will draw thousands of fans to the Orlando Citrus Bowl. We want to thank our partners Orlando Venues, the Central Florida Sports Commission and of course the City of Orlando and Orange County for their help in securing this event, and we look forward to ongoing efforts to secure similar high-caliber events for the ‘Soccer Capital of the South.’ “
An exclusive pre-sale will begin on Monday, March 23 at 10am. Season Ticket Members will receive an email offer to purchase tickets to the match, with the ability to secure their exact seat locations. Single-game tickets for the Mexico vs. Costa Rica match will go on sale to the general public on April 15 at 10am. Tickets range from $30 – $150.
Also, Orlando City will offer a special “Two-Pack” ticket featuring admission to both the Mexico vs. Costa Rica match and the Orlando City vs. L.A. Galaxy match on May 17, 2015. Two-Pack tickets start at $45.
For tickets or more information, visit OrlandoCitySC.com.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating National Margarita Day Feb 22, 2020 .. #NationalMargaritaDay - February 21, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces the FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando 2020/2021 Season .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 20, 2020
- The Masked Singer National Tour Comes to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center This Summer .. #TheMaskedSinger @DrPhillipsCtr - February 17, 2020
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020