The popular exhibition relives the magic of the iconic novel and film through artifacts and memorabilia. The exhibition features original gowns, costumes and artifacts of the film and is derived entirely from one collector, James L. Tumblin, who has the largest privately-held collection of memorabilia from the film.
Special events will also take place during the run of the exhibition, which ends November 30, 2014, including:
- Aug 16 – Public Opening 10am-5pm, featuring a talk with curator/owner James L. Tumblin at 12:30 p.m. Rates below include admission into the museum.
- Aug 17 – Sunday at the Museum features a behind-the-scenes look at the exhibit. Rates below include admission into the museum.
- Sept 13 – Straight Talk – A Reel to Real Discussion about Gone With the Wind and Its Influence on Pop Culture from 1-3pm. Admission rates below include entrance into the museum and access to the special event. Call 407-836-7010 to register.
- Oct 15 – Windy Wednesday Date Night – Movie Screening of The Making of a Legend: Gone With the Wind from 7-9pm. Call 407-836-7010 to register. The exhibit will be closed during this time.
For more information on the special events, or the exhibit itself, visit thehistorycenter.org. Admission to the museum is $15 for adults; seniors (60+), students, and military with I.D. $13; and children ages 5-12 $12. Members and children ages 4 and under are free. The OCRHC is located in downtown Orlando.
- Walt Disney World Replaces Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios .. #WaltDisneyWorld #BeautyandtheBeast - August 4, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort Reopens With Deal for Florida Resident and WDW Passholders .. #SwanandDolphin #FloridaResidentDeals - August 4, 2020
- Universal Orlando Offers Special ‘Buy a Day’ Deal to Florida Residents for Limited Time .. #UniversalOrlando #FloridaResidentDeals - August 3, 2020
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns August 2020 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool - July 31, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 30, 2020: Sister Honey’s, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Finca, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - July 30, 2020
- Walt Disney World Announces Attraction Closures and Project Postponements .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ThemeParkNews - July 29, 2020
- Osceola Arts presents ‘Once on the Island’ Online July 31-August 9, 2021 .. @Osceola_Arts #OnceontheIsland #oaOOTI - July 28, 2020
- MEGACON Orlando Cancels Fall LIMITED EDITION and Announces 2021 Dates .. #MegaCon #MegaConOrlando - July 27, 2020
- Universal Orlando Announces Cancellation of Halloween Horror Nights for 2020 .. #UniversalOrlando #HalloweenHorrorNights #HHN2020 - July 24, 2020
- Universal Orlando Also Closes Face Covering Loophole for Guests .. #UniversalOrlando #ParkSafety - July 23, 2020