The popular exhibition relives the magic of the iconic novel and film through artifacts and memorabilia. The exhibition features original gowns, costumes and artifacts of the film and is derived entirely from one collector, James L. Tumblin, who has the largest privately-held collection of memorabilia from the film.
Special events will also take place during the run of the exhibition, which ends November 30, 2014, including:
- Aug 16 – Public Opening 10am-5pm, featuring a talk with curator/owner James L. Tumblin at 12:30 p.m. Rates below include admission into the museum.
- Aug 17 – Sunday at the Museum features a behind-the-scenes look at the exhibit. Rates below include admission into the museum.
- Sept 13 – Straight Talk – A Reel to Real Discussion about Gone With the Wind and Its Influence on Pop Culture from 1-3pm. Admission rates below include entrance into the museum and access to the special event. Call 407-836-7010 to register.
- Oct 15 – Windy Wednesday Date Night – Movie Screening of The Making of a Legend: Gone With the Wind from 7-9pm. Call 407-836-7010 to register. The exhibit will be closed during this time.
For more information on the special events, or the exhibit itself, visit thehistorycenter.org. Admission to the museum is $15 for adults; seniors (60+), students, and military with I.D. $13; and children ages 5-12 $12. Members and children ages 4 and under are free. The OCRHC is located in downtown Orlando.
- Nickelodeon’s JoJo Siwa brings D.R.E.A.M. The Tour to AMALIE Arena in Tampa May 2020 .. @AMALIEArena @Nickelodeon #JoJoDREAMTour - November 20, 2019
- LEGOLAND Florida Unveils New Florida Prepaid Schoolhouse With College Scholarship Giveaway .. @LEGOLANDFlorida - November 19, 2019
- 4th Annual Florida Tiny House Festival Comes to Orlando November 22-24 .. @UnitedTinyHouse - November 18, 2019
- Out and About: Mia’s Italian Kitchen on I-Drive Adds Bottomless Dining Option to Menu .. @MiasItalian_Orl - November 17, 2019
- Aquatica Orlando Announces Florida’s First Dueling Water Slide to Debut in 2020 .. @AquaticaOrlando #RiptideRace - November 15, 2019
- Festival of Trees Turns Orlando Museum of Art Into Winter Wonderland Nov 16-24, 2019 .. @OMAOrlando #FestivalofTrees - November 14, 2019
- Annie Russell Theatre at Rollins College Presents ‘Private Lies: Improvised Film Noir’ Nov 15-23 .. @rollinscollege #OrlandoArts - November 12, 2019
- Orlando SeaWolves Host 2nd Annual Free Soccer Fan Fest at Osceola Heritage Park Nov 17 .. @MCOSeaWolves - November 11, 2019
- Jonas Brothers Bring Happiness Begins Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center November 16 .. @AmwayCenter @JonasBrothers - November 10, 2019
- 8th Annual Barktoberfest Returns to Lake Eola Park Nov 17 .. @ocas_Orlando #Barktoberfest - November 10, 2019