Daytona commissioners voted unanimously on March 5 to approve millions in funding for a massive new entertainment complex planned across from the Daytona International Speedway.
The $250 million project, to be called “One Daytona,” will include shopping, restaurants, a hotel, and a theater, set on 181 acres of land.
Daytona has so far pledged $20 million to go toward road and traffic improvements near the planned development.
Work on the project could begin later this year, and is expected to bring thousands of construction jobs, as well as permanant jobs once the complex is open.
- 2019 Monster Jam Tickets Go On Sale September 25, 2018 - September 24, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 22, 2018: Holler and Dash, Pharmacy, Earth Fare, and More - September 22, 2018
- $10 Day Returns to @OrlandoScience Center Sept 23 - September 20, 2018
- Madame Tussauds Orlando and SEA LIFE Aquarium Orlando to Host Sensory Friendly Day Sept 22 - September 19, 2018
- 2018 US Open Table Tennis Championships to be Held in Orlando - September 18, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Reveals Plans for Florida’s Tallest Launch Roller Coaster #Tigris - September 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 14, 2018: Tijuana Flats, Columbia Restaurant, The Capital Grille, and More - September 14, 2018
- FOZZY to Rock House of Blues Orlando Sept 27, 2018 @FOZZYROCK - September 13, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Outfield’s Tony Lewis Sept 28 - September 12, 2018
- Universal Orlando Announces Final Halloween Horror Nights 28 House: ScaryTales: Deadly Ever After #HHN28 - September 11, 2018