One of the biggest annual events in brewing worldwide is Oktoberfest, and this year, Orlando Brewing offers their 7th annual celebration of the event from September 21st through October 13th.
They’ll kick off Oktoberfest at 1pm on September 21, with a ceremonial tapping of Orlando Brewing’s 2013 organic Oktoberfest beer. The brew is an organic Reinheitsgebot beer brewed with deep-well, charcoal filtered hard water from the Floridan aquifer, lager yeast, organic Hallertau hops and organic two-row Munich, Carapils and Caramel malted barley.
‘Reinheitsgebot’ is a German Purity Law of 1516 which decrees beer must be made with only four ingredients: water, hops, yeast and malted barley — no additives and no adjuncts.
The celebration will continue all day with German food (starting 1:30pm, from C&S Brisket Bus), local vendors, a 3pm Cornhole tournament, traditional German music by Dan Witucki & Mein Heimatland Musikaten (4pm-9pm), and seventeen taps of beer brewed in the accordance with the Reinheitsgebot.
On September 28, there will be a Mini Beer School instructed by Brewery President John Cheek. The organic beer tasting will be followed by a private tour of the brewery with Cheek. Class begins at 4pm and will cost $20 to join. Please RSVP by calling (407) 872-1117.
September 29, there will be a Gold Coast Greyhound Rescue Benefit, where patrons can bring their dogs, and upon a donation, receive Yappy Hour pricing. There will also be a food truck on site and a silent auction for the charity.
September 30 is Beer:30, with $2 off all Orlando Brewing beers all day.
Ther will be a Craft Beer and Artisan Cheese pairing with local cheese guru Tonda Corrente Nazario of La Femme Du Fromage on October 5. There will be 5 Orlando Brewing beers paired with 5 handcrafted, farmstead & artisan cheeses. This event will take place at 4:30pm and again at 7:15pm. Please RSVP by calling (407) 872-1117.
October 8, there will be an Anisocoria Barley Wine Tasting. Anisocoria is the world’s first USDA-certified organic single-malt barley wine. Tasting will be lead by Brewery President John Cheek and will begin at 7pm. Cost is $10 to participate and tasters will receive a complimentary limited-edition Anisocoria glass.
Nerd Nite comes to the Orlando Brewing Taproom on October 10, from 7pm-9pm. This will be The German Edition, focusing on German culture and beer.
Orlando Brewing will hold an art release and art walk on October 12, from 4pm-8pm.
Oktoberfest closes on October 13, with the Old Time Music Jam. Stop by at 5pm to enjoy the sounds of fiddles, mandolins, banjos and guitars playing improvisational Appalachian tunes. Bring your dog for Yappy Hour pricing.
For more information, visit orlandobrewing.com. Orlando Brewing is located at 1301 Atlanta Ave in Orlando.
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021
- 4th Annual FusionFest Returns To Downtown Orlando Nov 27-28, 2021 .. #FusionFest #OrlandoArts - November 23, 2021
- Holidays At LEGOLAND Return To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 26, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #OrlandoHolidays #HolidaysatLEGOLAND - November 22, 2021
- Iron Chef Morimoto Returns to Morimoto Asia to Host Events in Dec 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #OrlandoFoodies - November 21, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2021 In Orlando .. #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingDinners #ThanksgivingBrunch - November 20, 2021
- 2021 Orlando Walk for Apraxia Takes Place Nov. 20 in Casselberry .. #WalkForApraxia @apraxia_kids - November 16, 2021
- The New Walt Disney World Swan Reserve Hotel Officially Opens in Orlando .. #WaltDisneyWorldSwanReserve #SwanReserve #OrlandoHotels #DisneyHotels - November 15, 2021
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The 2021 Holidays Starting Nov. 19 .. #DazzlingNights @Creative_Proj @LeuGardens - November 12, 2021
- Immersive Van Gogh Exhibition Debuts in Orlando November 26, 2021 .. #ImmersiveVanGogh #OrlandoArt - November 11, 2021