If you’re a fan of WHTQ 96.5 FM and its classic rock format, you’re not going to like this bit of news at all.
As of Friday, August 19, 2011, at 5am, WHTQ will be replaced on air by a simulcast of Talk WDBO, which currently airs on the AM side of the dial at 580.
WHTQ will be taking its classic rock online to 96RockOrlando.com and can also be heard on HD2 radio. But those of us who cranked the station on our regular car radios will not have access to the station anymore.
Of the switch, Susan Larkin, Vice President of Cox Media Group’s Orlando radio operations says, “The simulcast of WDBO on FM allows us to penetrate twice the previously available listening audience to serve our local community as well as our advertisers.”
The WDBO line-up will remain the same, from local news with Jim Turner from 5-9am to the syndicated shows of Clark Howard, Sean Hannity and others.
Looks like I’ll be changing the station in my car to something else. How about you? If you want to let the station know how you feel, hit up 96Rock on Facebook.
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts Announces Opening Date for New Venue Called Judson’s Live - December 1, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando Reveals Initial Line-Up of Guests for 2024 Event - November 30, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To 2023 Holiday Events In Central Florida - November 29, 2023
- Places To Donate On #GivingTuesday 2023 In Central Florida - November 28, 2023
- Out and About: Jeff’s Bagel Run Introduces Holiday Flavors for the Season - November 22, 2023
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens Nov. 24, 2023-Jan. 06, 2024 - November 13, 2023
- The Holidays at Universal Orlando Return Nov. 17 Throughout the Resort - November 11, 2023
- HOLIDAYS at LEGOLAND Florida Return Nov. 24-Dec. 31, 2023 - November 10, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando’s 2023 Christmas Celebration Kicks Off Nov. 10 - November 9, 2023
- Get Free Tickets to ‘Thanksgiving’ Advance Movie Screening In Orlando - November 8, 2023