If you’re a fan of WHTQ 96.5 FM and its classic rock format, you’re not going to like this bit of news at all.
As of Friday, August 19, 2011, at 5am, WHTQ will be replaced on air by a simulcast of Talk WDBO, which currently airs on the AM side of the dial at 580.
WHTQ will be taking its classic rock online to 96RockOrlando.com and can also be heard on HD2 radio. But those of us who cranked the station on our regular car radios will not have access to the station anymore.
Of the switch, Susan Larkin, Vice President of Cox Media Group’s Orlando radio operations says, “The simulcast of WDBO on FM allows us to penetrate twice the previously available listening audience to serve our local community as well as our advertisers.”
The WDBO line-up will remain the same, from local news with Jim Turner from 5-9am to the syndicated shows of Clark Howard, Sean Hannity and others.
Looks like I’ll be changing the station in my car to something else. How about you? If you want to let the station know how you feel, hit up 96Rock on Facebook.
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023
- Limited Time ‘Shrimpwich’ Comes to Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips at ICON Park - April 26, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Chicago’ 25th Anniversary Tour at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center April 18-23, 2023 - April 7, 2023
3 thoughts on “Orlando’s WHTQ-FM Makes Way for Talk WDBO Simulcast”
This really sucks. They started playing better music and now they change the format.
Gee – Just what we need, MORE right wing nutjob radio. Must be that “Liberal” media….
Another reason to buy CD’s.
Comments are closed.