Reason #1436 why I love living in Orlando: Creative City Project, which returns to bring downtown Orlando alive with free art and music Saturday, October 17.
For one night, Orange Ave will be filled with art being brought to life before your very eyes and ears. There will be marching bands and orchestras. There will be aerial acrobatics and dancing. There will be visual artists creating as you watch.
And there will be you, taking it all in for free. Yes, that’s right, it’s all free.
Among the groups participating in the various stages, which will run along Orange Ave from Robinson south to Central, are La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil, Orlando Ballet, Central Florida Community Arts Orchestra, Orlando City Soccer Club, the Downtown Arts District, and so much more.
Creative City Project 2015 launches at 6pm and goes to around 11pm. I would suggest going early to get a parking spot because this event gets packed.
For more information, including a schedule, visit creativecityproject.com.
We also borrowed this map from their Facebook page:
- Out and About: Taste! Central Florida Offers Great Food and Drink for a Local Cause - August 22, 2017
- Watch the Live Stream of Rivers of Light from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Aug 22 - August 20, 2017
- Where to Watch the 2017 Solar Eclipse in Central Florida - August 19, 2017
- Win Tickets to the 8th Annual Orlando Fall Home & Garden Show Aug 2017! - August 18, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents The Fixx Aug 31, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Win Tickets to Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream at the Amway Center September 8-10, 2017! - August 13, 2017
- Out and About: Sampling the New Menu at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando - August 12, 2017
- Taste! Central Florida to Serve Up Delicious Local Cuisine For a Great Cause August 19, 2017 + Win 2 Tickets! - August 8, 2017
- The Florida Orchestra to Welcome Sting for 50th Anniversary Gala Concert - August 7, 2017
- Dine Around Apopka in August to Help Habitat for Humanity Seminole-Apopka - August 6, 2017