Reason #1436 why I love living in Orlando: Creative City Project, which returns to bring downtown Orlando alive with free art and music Saturday, October 17.
For one night, Orange Ave will be filled with art being brought to life before your very eyes and ears. There will be marching bands and orchestras. There will be aerial acrobatics and dancing. There will be visual artists creating as you watch.
And there will be you, taking it all in for free. Yes, that’s right, it’s all free.
Among the groups participating in the various stages, which will run along Orange Ave from Robinson south to Central, are La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil, Orlando Ballet, Central Florida Community Arts Orchestra, Orlando City Soccer Club, the Downtown Arts District, and so much more.
Creative City Project 2015 launches at 6pm and goes to around 11pm. I would suggest going early to get a parking spot because this event gets packed.
For more information, including a schedule, visit creativecityproject.com.
We also borrowed this map from their Facebook page:
- Paul McCartney to Bring #OneonOne Tour to Tampa and Miami June 2017 - April 27, 2017
- Dancers Julianne and Derek Hough Bring 2017 Tour to Dr Phillips Center May 16 - April 26, 2017
- Wild Florida Launches First Annual Gator Week May 2017 - April 24, 2017
- Rock & Brews Opens Second Central Florida Location in Orlando April 24 - April 21, 2017
- Velvet Sessions At Hard Rock Hotel Presents Eddie Money April 27 - April 20, 2017
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando Hosts Jake’s Beer Dinner April 28 - April 19, 2017
- Out and About: Create Your Nature Offers Healthy Delicious Food in Winter Park #getyourbowlon - April 18, 2017
- Six Orlando Restaurants to be Featured on Upcoming ‘Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives’ Episodes - April 17, 2017
- Walt Disney World Announces Dates for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - April 16, 2017
- Planet Fitness Offers Free HydroMassage to Soothe Tax Day Stress April 15-22, 2017 - April 15, 2017