Reason #1436 why I love living in Orlando: Creative City Project, which returns to bring downtown Orlando alive with free art and music Saturday, October 17.
For one night, Orange Ave will be filled with art being brought to life before your very eyes and ears. There will be marching bands and orchestras. There will be aerial acrobatics and dancing. There will be visual artists creating as you watch.
And there will be you, taking it all in for free. Yes, that’s right, it’s all free.
Among the groups participating in the various stages, which will run along Orange Ave from Robinson south to Central, are La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil, Orlando Ballet, Central Florida Community Arts Orchestra, Orlando City Soccer Club, the Downtown Arts District, and so much more.
Creative City Project 2015 launches at 6pm and goes to around 11pm. I would suggest going early to get a parking spot because this event gets packed.
For more information, including a schedule, visit creativecityproject.com.
We also borrowed this map from their Facebook page:
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup: January 19, 2018: Marlow’s Tavern, The Glass Knife, Brews ‘n’Blues, and More - January 19, 2018
- Praise Wave 2018 Starts at SeaWorld Orlando Jan 20 - January 19, 2018
- James Taylor to Play Two Central Florida Shows with Bonnie Raitt in May 2018 - January 18, 2018
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Days Take Over LEGOLAND Florida Weekends in Jan-Feb 2018 #BuiltForKids - January 18, 2018
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks On January 18 Around Orlando - January 17, 2018
- Supernatural Convention Comes to Orlando for First Time Jan 19-21, 2018 - January 17, 2018
- Out and About: Otronicon 2018 at the Orlando Science Center Proves STEM is Fun - January 16, 2018
- BIG Something to Play The Social in Orlando on January 17, 2018 - January 15, 2018
- UFC FIGHT NIGHT® Returns to Amway Center with Action-Packed Card February 24, 2018 - January 15, 2018
- Meet the Teams for the Pro Bowl Game in Orlando January 28, 2018 #ProBowlOrlando #ThisIsOrlando - January 14, 2018