Reason #1436 why I love living in Orlando: Creative City Project, which returns to bring downtown Orlando alive with free art and music Saturday, October 17.
For one night, Orange Ave will be filled with art being brought to life before your very eyes and ears. There will be marching bands and orchestras. There will be aerial acrobatics and dancing. There will be visual artists creating as you watch.
And there will be you, taking it all in for free. Yes, that’s right, it’s all free.
Among the groups participating in the various stages, which will run along Orange Ave from Robinson south to Central, are La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil, Orlando Ballet, Central Florida Community Arts Orchestra, Orlando City Soccer Club, the Downtown Arts District, and so much more.
Creative City Project 2015 launches at 6pm and goes to around 11pm. I would suggest going early to get a parking spot because this event gets packed.
For more information, including a schedule, visit creativecityproject.com.
We also borrowed this map from their Facebook page:
- Tijuana Flats to Host “Day of Outrageousness” on October 21, 2017 - October 20, 2017
- Out and About: On Your Feet! a Dazzling Musical Telling of Gloria and Emilio Estafan’s Rise to Fame - October 19, 2017
- WDW Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Celebrates 8th Year Oct 27-28, 2017 - October 18, 2017
- Spooky Empire Horror Con Returns to Orlando October 27-29, 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Launches Spooky Nights and Spider Frights for Halloween Fun - October 16, 2017
- 6th Annual Orlando Sentinel Pink Bash Set For Oct 20 in Winter Park - October 15, 2017
- Go DIY at Maker Faire Orlando Oct 21-22, 2017 - October 13, 2017
- On Your Feet! The Emilio and Gloria Estefan Broadway Musical Comes to Dr Phillips Center Oct 17-22, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Salty Sweet Women’s Pro/Am Surf Event Returns to Cocoa Beach Pier Oct 14-15 - October 11, 2017
- Sonny’s BBQ Hosts Pulled Pork Palooza Oct 12 for #NationalPulledPorkDay - October 10, 2017