In Honor of Veterans Day, the US Park Service is waiving entry fees to all national parks, including those in Florida, November 11, 2014.
Among those within a day trip of the Orlando area are:
- Canavaral National Seashore and Wildlife Refuge on the Space Coast between Titusville and New Smyrna Beach
- Castillo de San Marcos in St. Augustine
- De Soto National Memorial in Bradenton
- Fort Caroline at the Timucuan Preserve in Jacksonville
- Fort Matanzas in St. Augustine
- Timucuan Ecological Preserve in Jacksonville
Fee waiver includes: entrance fees, commercial tour fees, and transportation entrance fees. Other fees such as reservation, camping, tours, concession and fees collected by third parties are not included unless stated otherwise
For a list of the national parks waiving their fees, visit nps.gov.