As part of its annual National Parks Week, the US Park Service is waiving entry fees to all national parks, including those in Florida, April 19 and 20, 2014.
Among those within a day trip of the Orlando area are:
- Canavaral National Seashore and Wildlife Refuge on the Space Coast between Titusville and New Smyrna Beach
- Castillo de San Marcos in St. Augustine
- De Soto National Memorial in Bradenton
- Fort Caroline at the Timucuan Preserve in Jacksonville
- Fort Matanzas in St. Augustine
- Timucuan Ecological Preserve in Jacksonville
Fee waiver includes: entrance fees, commercial tour fees, and transportation entrance fees. Other fees such as reservation, camping, tours, concession and fees collected by third parties are not included unless stated otherwise
For a list of the national parks waiving their fees, visit nps.gov.