Every year, the Smithsonian Museums sponsor free admission to select museums around the country during a one-day event called Museum Day Live! This year, the event takes place on Saturday, September 28.
Several Central Florida museums are taking part in this year’s event, among them are:
- Albin Polasek Museum & Sculpture Gardens in Winter Park
- Art & History Museums in Maitland
- Cornell Fine Arts Museum in Winter Park
- The Mennello Museum of American Art in Orlando
- Museum of Seminole County History in Lake Mary
- Orange County Regional History Center in downtown Orlando (which will also be celebrating its 13th Birthday with some cupcakes by Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly)
- Orlando Museum of Art in Orlando
- Osceola County Pioneer Village in Kissimmee
- Sanford Museum in Sanford
To get your free admission, simply visit smithsonianmag.com/museumday and fill out the form. You will then be emailed your ticket. Be sure to read the FAQ on the site, for how to use the tickets.
You can also find other museums in Florida and nationwide at that link.
This is a great chance to get out and discover some of the great museums that Central Florida has to offer for free.