There’s so much to do at Walt Disney World, but nothing sucks more than to find out your favorite attraction is down for rehab. Unfortunately, the first few months of the year are when a majority of the rehab is done, due to slower crowds at the parks.
So here is a small list of upcoming rehab closures to make sure you schedule your visit appropriately.
- The Barnstormer will be closed February 3-5.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be closed April 7-9
- Liberty Square Riverboat will be closed January 21-30
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin will be closed January 13-30
- Pirates of the Caribbean will be closed April 28-30
- Splash Mountain will be closed from now until March (no exact opening date given)
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover will be closed February 10 – March 27
Starting January 21, 2014, service on the Magic Kingdom Resort and Express monorails will be unavailable on weekdays between 11:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. to allow for planned maintenance. This schedule will run through the end of March 2014. During this time, the Epcot monorail beam will operate normally. Watercraft routes and busses to/from Magic Kingdom will still be open for transport, as well.