In the realm of great sci-fi conventions, San Diego has Comic-Con, Atlanta has Dragon*Con, and Orlando has MegaCon, which returns to the Orange County Convention Center the weekend of March 21-23, 2014.
The event is still several months away, but it already has a great guest list put together for sci-fi/fantasy fans.
Among those scheduled to appear are:
- Jon Heder (Napolean Dynomite)
- Peter Mayhew (Star Wars)
- Wil Wheaton (Star Trek: TNG) (I’m so excited about this!)
- From the original Battlestar Galactica – Dirk Benedict, Richard Hatch, Anne Lockhart, and Herbert Jefferson Jr
- From Buffy the Vampire Slayer – Eliza Dushku and James Marsters
- From the TV show Comic Book Men – Mike Zapcic, Ming Chen, and Bryan Johnson
- From Smallville – Michael Rosenbaum, Aaron Ashmore, Allison Mack, John Glover, and Laura Vandervoort
- From Torchwood – Eve Myles, Burn Gorman, Gareth David Lloyd, and Kai Owen
- From The Walking Dead – Lauren Cohan and Sonequa Martin-Green
Also appearing are several voice-over artists, like Phil Lamarr, and a slew of comic book artists in the popular Artists Alley in the exhibition hall.
More guests will likely be added as the event draws closer (I’m hoping for John Barrowman to be added to the Torchwood list, or a few Firefly guests), but this is a really good start, so far, don’t you think?
A three-day wristband to the event is $60. Single day wristbands are $25. However, if you really want to have a fun experience, there is a VIP package that includes the three-day wristband, VIP badge for prime seating at panels and fast pass access for autographs and photo ops, and MegaCon schwag for $160. Autographs and photo ops are additional for most guests.
The advanced tickets prices above are available until March 14th, 2014. On site tickets will be available starting on Friday, March 21st at the Orange County Convention Center, South Exhibit Hall B, but the prices will be $70 for a 3 Day wristband and $30 for the 1-day wristbands.
To purchase tickets, or for more information, visit megaconvention.com.