In this week’s Orlando dining news round-up, chef’s dinners, new openings, and more. Are you hungry? Let’s dive in…
The Happy Hour at Emeril’s Orlando just got better, with the addition of $1 oysters. From 3-6pm daily, guests can enjoy fresh oysters for $1 each, in addition to the $5 small plates and half-priced beers and well drinks. Emeril’s is located at Universal Orlando CityWalk.
Emeril’s Orlando is known for its food, and for the months of June and July 2013, it will offer a special tasting menu offering 3 courses for $30, based on owner Emeril Lagasse’s recipes.
The 3-for-$30 June menu features recipes adapted from the cookbook, From Emeril’s Kitchens: Favorite Recipes from Emeril’s Restaurants, and consists of:
- Appetizer – Poached Oysters in Herbsaint Cream, with Black Pepper Crème Fraîche and Flash Fried Spinach
- Entrees (Choice of One) – Poached Salmon with Mango Salsa, Smashed Avocado, Coconut Rice Pilaf, Black Bean Sauce, and Tortilla Chips or Braised Beef Short Ribs with Cheddar Polenta and Cole Slaw
- Dessert – White Chocolate-Buttermilk Cake in a Strawberry Sauce
The 3-for-$30 July menu features recipes adapted from the cookbook, Emeril at the Grill, and consists of:
- Appetizer – Watercress, Avocado, and Mango Salad
- Entrees (Choice of One) – Salmon with a Peach-Tamarind Barbecue Sauce or Chicken Paillards with Arugula, Roasted Peppers, Parmesan Cheese, and Lemon
- Dessert – Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone and Local Honey
Emeril’s Orlando is located at Universal Orlando’s CityWalk (free self-parking for Florida residents at Universal Studios garage after 6pm). Business casual attire and reservations are recommended.
This week, celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse posted on his Facebook page that nine of his restaurants will be participating in a celebration of would have been Julia Child’s 100th birthday.
Emeril’s Orlando at Universal CityWalk and Emeril’s Tchoup Chop (at Loew’s Royal Pacific Resort at Universal) will be among those nine.
From August 7th through August 15th (Child’s birthdate), there will be a special birthday menu available to guests to order from. I’m not sure if it will be a set menu or if there will be choices available. Lagasse says he’ll post more information on the menus closer to the event.
At any rate, I would recommend making reservations, as this is sure to be a popular event. Emeril’s Orlando can be reached at 407-224-2424 and Tchoup Chop’s phone is 407-503-2467.