As part of Downtown Disney‘s evolution to Disney Springs, The Marketplace Co Op will open in spring 2014.
It will be located in the space that currently occupies Team Mickey (a sporting goods store), and will contain mini-shops within. These mini-shops will serve as an incubator to introduce new Disney retail shops and products.
According to the Disney Blog, The Marketplace Co Op’s first six shop spaces will be:
- Beautifully Disney – A beauty destination for woman featuring make-up, fragrance and beauty accessories.
- Cherry Tree Lane – Accessories for the sophisticated woman with a passion for scarves, shoes, bags and jewelry.
- D-Tech on Demand – A place to personalize and customize your own electronic accessories.
- The Trophy Room– Vintage inspired, lifestyle sports apparel and collectibles.
- Centerpiece – Home product for Guests that want a splash of Disney in their room furnishings, textiles and everyday ware.
- Zoey and Pickles – A girls’ destination containing the latest trends and glamour for the up and coming fashionista.
Team Mickey will remain open until work begins in early 2014. It will then close permanently. While the Trophy Room will carry some sport apparel, it will not have the huge selection Team Mickey did.