I admit it. I’m a huge Star Wars fan. I’ve seen every movie (including the first) on opening weekend. I own memorabilia ranging from posters to trading cards. Well, you get the idea.
So you can imagine my joy at hearing that the Star Wars Celebration convention would be returning to Orlando this year. The last one was also held here in 2010, and I had a great time covering it. This will be the sixth edition of this convention which attracts Star Wars fans worldwide.
Celebration VI is set to roll into the Orange County Convention Center August 23 through 26, and already has a great guest line-up.
Spotlight guests (which I believe will be holding panels) include:
- Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia)
- Ian McDiarmid (Emperor Palpatine)
- Seth Green and Matthew Senreich (Robot Chicken, which does a lot of SW parodies)
- Dave Filoni ( Star Wars: The Clone Wars director)
- Joel Aron (SW: The Clone Wars Lighting & FX supervisor)
Other guests, who will be participating in autograph sessions, include:
- Anthony Daniels (C-3PO)
- Kenny Baker (R2-D2)
- Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett)
- Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
- Jake Lloyd (young Anakin Skywalker)
- Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett)
- Tim Rose (Admiral Ackbar)
There’s also a huge merchandise room, where you’ll be able to buy just about anything Star Wars.
I have to be honest though. One of my favorite things about the last convention, Celebration V, was seeing the fans who took the time to dress up as their favorite Star Wars characters.
If you want to attend Celebration VI, ticket prices for individual day passes are $55 for Thursday, Friday and Sunday and $65 for Saturday for adults, and $27 for kids 12 and under. Save money by buying four-day passes, which are $135 for adults and $54 for kids.
For more information, or to purchase tickets, visit www.starwarscelebration.com