The Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra has announced their schedule for the 2013-2014 season, and it has a wide variety of offerings.
Opening night will be September 28, and the program will include Mozart’s Piano Concerto No. 20, and Strauss’ Ein Heldenleben (A Hero’s Life), conducted by Christopher Wilkins. An opening night dinner gala will be hosted by the Friends at the Sheraton Downtown Orlando beginning at 6pm.
Here are the rest of the performances scheduled:
- October 12, 2013 – Super Series Pops: An American Salute
- October 21, 2013 – Focus Series: Genius of Georges Bizet
- October 25 & 27, 2013 – Opera Series: The Barber of Seville (Rossini)
- November 16, 2013 – Super Series Classics: Beethoven 7
- November 30, 2013 – Super Series Pops: Home for the Holidays
- December 9, 2013 – Focus Series: Venetian Vespers
- January 11, 2014 – Super Series Pops: Michael Cavanaugh – The Songs of Elton John & More
- February 8 & 9, 2014 – Super Series Classics: Russian Romance
- February 17, 2014 – Focus Series: Old Wine in New Bottles
- February 22, 2014 – Super Series Pops: A Louis Armstrong Tribute
- March 8, 2014 – Super Series Classics: Music of the Ballet
- March 22, 2014 – Super Series Pops: The Broadway Tenors
- April 5, 2014 – Super Series Classics: Olivera Plays Brahms
- April 28, 2014 – Focus Series: Italian Symphony
- May 9 & 11, 2014 – Opera Series: La Traviata (Verdi)
Most of the concerts will take place at the Bob Carr Performing Arts Center, with the exception of the Focus Series, which will be held at the Margeson Theater at Lowndes Shakespeare Center.
Tickets are available in subscription packages now. Individual tickets will go on sale in August 26, 2013.
For more information, or to purchase tickets, visit OrlandoPhil.org.