The Kissimmee Blue Skies & Silver Spurs Festival is actually four festivals rolled into one, and it will take place at both Osceola Heritage Park and Formosa Gardens, from May 31 through June 02, 2013.
- Blue Skies Balloon Festival – An early morning hot air balloon launch will decorate the sky with dozens of balloons of all shapes and sizes.
- Blue Skies Adventure Race – Test your endurance by competing in a 5-mile, rodeo-themed adventure race.
- Endless Summer Songwriters Festival – Songwriters and their band will perform top country songs on an outdoor stage.
- Silver Spurs Rodeo – This annual event is the largest sanctioned rodeo east of the Mississippi, and has been a favorite with families for 131 years.
It kicks off Friday, May 31, at Osceola Heritage Park, with the Endless Summer Songwriters Festival from 4-7pm, and the Silver Spurs Rodeo at 7:30pm.
Saturday, June 01, hot air balloons will take off from Formosa Gardens in West Kissimmee at 7am, while the Blue Skies Adventure Race starts on the grounds below. Then the action moves over to the Osceola Heritage Park for another day of the Endless Summer Songwriters Festival from noon-7pm, and the Silver Spurs Rodeo at 7:30pm.
The whole thing wraps up on Sunday, June 02, with another hot air balloon launch from Formosa Gardens at 7am.
- Endless Summer Songwriter Festival – Free parking and admission
- Blue Skies Adventure Race – $50 per runner; Free parking and admission for non-runners
- Blue Skies Balloon Festival – $185 per balloon rider; Free parking and admission for viewers
- Silver Spurs Rodeo – $15 per person, per day; kids under 10 are free
For more information on the Kissimmee Blue Skies & Silver Spurs Festival, visit kissimmeeblueskiesfestival.com.