Local restaurateur John Rivers has announced he is closing his Winter Park restaurant, The Coop, and the last day will be this Sunday, July 16, 2023.
Rivers said the closure is “A testament to the vibrancy of the Winter Park market, current market rates are unfortunately well beyond what our little business can justify in renewing the lease.”
In other words, the landlord is raising the rent above what Rivers wants to pay to keep The Coop where it is.
Here is the letter he posted announcing the closure:
The Coop opened in Winter Park on April 17, 2014, featuring signature Southern dishes like fried chicken, low country shrimp and grits, and fried green tomatoes, as well as sweets like Mississippi Mud and Lemon Icebox pies.
Rivers says it’s possible the southern comfort cuisine concept could resurface at a later date. Of course, the Chef has his hands full with the expanding 4 Rivers Smokehouse brand, which recently opened a new location in Lakeland.
And as he says in his letter, Rivers could bring some of the popular dishes into his 4 Rivers Smokehouse menus.
You’ve only got a few more days to enjoy The Coop’s menu, so head on over!
- ‘Penguin Trek’ Immersive Family Coaster Coming to SeaWorld Orlando in Spring 2024 - September 28, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces The Residency Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Special Guests Oct 3-8, 2023 - September 11, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando Turns 13 Today! - September 2, 2023
- Out and About: Magical Dining at AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park - September 1, 2023
- ‘Every Brilliant Thing’ Starring John O’Hurley Coming to The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Sept. 8-24 - August 31, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Opens Registration for the 2024 Free Teacher Card - August 30, 2023
- A List of Hurricane Idalia Closings in Central Florida - August 29, 2023
- LEGOLAND Florida Offers Florida Resident Rates For Hurricane Idalia Sheltering - August 29, 2023
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando Reduces Pricing for Florida Residents Ahead of Idalia - August 28, 2023
- SeaWorld and Busch Garden Florida Parks to Go Cashless Aug 30, 2023 - August 25, 2023