LEGOLAND Florida Resort has announced that it will be closing its “Flying School Roller Coaster” later this summer on August 16, 2023, which is also “National Roller Coaster Day.”
The steel, inverted, family coaster was originally known as “Swamp Thing” when it first opened in 2004 at Cypress Gardens. When LEGOLAND Florida took over Cypress Gardens in 2011, it was renamed the “Flying School Roller Coaster.”
“One of the coasters original to Cypress Gardens Adventure Park, the inverted, steel coaster allows guests to take flight into the Legoland skies. This summer, it soars through the clouds one last time to make way for future awesomeness,” the theme park said in a media release.
“National Roller Coaster Day marks its farewell journey, so celebrate by taking one last spin on this epic flight of thrills!”
This summer, LEGOLAND® Florida is hosting a Summer Block Party with all-new shows, fan-favorite costume characters, and plenty of bricktastic fun.
See the all-new Go Xtreme! stunt show, join the Summer Beats Bash DJ dance party, and make sure you get a photo with Shark Suit Guy.
Florida residents can take advantage of a ticket deal which includes two-day, two-park tickets for just $99. Legoland Florida passholders can save up to 30% on select rooms Sundays through Thursday nights at Legoland hotels, now through Aug. 31.
For more info, or to purchase admission, visit LEGOLAND.com/Florida.
- ‘Penguin Trek’ Immersive Family Coaster Coming to SeaWorld Orlando in Spring 2024 - September 28, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces The Residency Festival with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Special Guests Oct 3-8, 2023 - September 11, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando Turns 13 Today! - September 2, 2023
- Out and About: Magical Dining at AVA MediterrAegean in Winter Park - September 1, 2023
- ‘Every Brilliant Thing’ Starring John O’Hurley Coming to The Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Sept. 8-24 - August 31, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Opens Registration for the 2024 Free Teacher Card - August 30, 2023
- A List of Hurricane Idalia Closings in Central Florida - August 29, 2023
- LEGOLAND Florida Offers Florida Resident Rates For Hurricane Idalia Sheltering - August 29, 2023
- Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando Reduces Pricing for Florida Residents Ahead of Idalia - August 28, 2023
- SeaWorld and Busch Garden Florida Parks to Go Cashless Aug 30, 2023 - August 25, 2023