It’s been a busy day for Walt Disney World news, with the opening date announcement for “TRON Lightcycle / Run,” news of the return of two nighttime shows to the parks, and a bunch of updates that will make Guests and Passholders very happy.
Let’s dig in, shall we?
TRON Lightcycle / Run
The much anticipated “TRON Lightcycle / Run” now has an official opening date, which was announced today.
Get ready to hit the Grid starting April 4, 2023.
Cast member, passholder, and DVC member previews are expected to take place end of March, and I’ll let you know when I hear dates.
Disney says this coaster will be one of the fastest at any Disney theme park, and its story is inspired by the “TRON” movies.
When Guests enter the queue, they’ll be transported to the Grid for a special Lightcycle race. It’s your Team Blue against the Grid’s menacing Programs, Team Orange, and the goal is to be the first to race through eight Energy Gates and secure victory.
>?//: Prepare to enter the Grid. It’s almost your turn. Ready? TRON Lightcycle/Run opens at Magic Kingdom Park on 04/04/23_
— Walt Disney World (@WaltDisneyWorld) January 10, 2023
Happily Ever After and EPCOT Forever
It was also announced that two nighttime spectaculars will be returning to Walt Disney World on April 3, 2023.
“Happily Ever After” is back at Magic Kingdom, replacing “Disney Enchanted,” and it will feature new projections down Main Street, U.S.A., to complement the original projection mapping across Cinderella Castle.
“EPCOT Forever” is also back, but for a limited time.
An all-new nighttime spectacular will debut at EPCOT later this year for the “Disney 100” celebration, so Disney is bringing back this show as a bridge between the current show, “Harmonious” and this new currently untitled show.
This announcement also means that April 2, 2023 will also be the last night to see both “Disney Enchanted” and “Harmonious” in person.
Starting today, January 10, overnight self-parking will once again be offered complimentary to all guests staying at Disney Resort hotels at Walt Disney World.
This is a HUGE savings for guests who rent a car or bring their own on a Walt Disney World vacation.
Sometime in the next few months, Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will be able to visit the theme parks after 2pm without needing a park reservation. You heard right…no park reservation needed for WDW Passholders when visiting after 2pm.
Exceptions will be on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom Park, where reservations will still be needed. Pass block-out dates will continue to apply, as well.
Passholders will also receive access to Disney PhotoPass lenses and one complimentary Cinderella Castle Mural of Memories experience (age restrictions apply).
And finally, Disney Parks is working on a new offering for WDW Passholders that will allow them to create and share short Disney-themed video slideshows with favorite photos from theme park visits.
That definitely sounds interesting, doesn’t it?
Beginning in the next few months, guests purchasing Disney Genie+ service will also receive digital downloads of their Disney PhotoPass attraction photos, taken in the park on the day of their purchase, at no additional charge.
That definitely gives an added value to a Disney Genie+ purchase.
An exact launch date for this to start will be announced at a later date, according to Disney Parks, and I’ll let you know when they do.
- Places To Donate On #GivingTuesday 2023 In Central Florida - November 28, 2023
- Out and About: Jeff’s Bagel Run Introduces Holiday Flavors for the Season - November 22, 2023
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens Nov. 25, 2023-Jan. 01, 2024 - November 13, 2023
- The Holidays at Universal Orlando Return Nov. 17 Throughout the Resort - November 11, 2023
- HOLIDAYS at LEGOLAND Florida Return Nov. 24-Dec. 31, 2023 - November 10, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando’s 2023 Christmas Celebration Kicks Off Nov. 10 - November 9, 2023
- Get Free Tickets to ‘Thanksgiving’ Advance Movie Screening In Orlando - November 8, 2023
- Victory Productions Presents ‘Moonshine & Mistletoe: An Appalachian Christmas Tale’ at Garden Theatre in Winter Garden - November 7, 2023
- Wekiva Island Hosts 9th Annual Central Florida Fall EggFest Nov. 11, 2023 - November 6, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide to 2023 Veterans Day Events And Deals In Central Florida - November 5, 2023