It’s been a busy day for Walt Disney World news, with the opening date announcement for “TRON Lightcycle / Run,” news of the return of two nighttime shows to the parks, and a bunch of updates that will make Guests and Passholders very happy.
Let’s dig in, shall we?
TRON Lightcycle / Run
The much anticipated “TRON Lightcycle / Run” now has an official opening date, which was announced today.
Get ready to hit the Grid starting April 4, 2023.
Cast member, passholder, and DVC member previews are expected to take place end of March, and I’ll let you know when I hear dates.
Disney says this coaster will be one of the fastest at any Disney theme park, and its story is inspired by the “TRON” movies.
When Guests enter the queue, they’ll be transported to the Grid for a special Lightcycle race. It’s your Team Blue against the Grid’s menacing Programs, Team Orange, and the goal is to be the first to race through eight Energy Gates and secure victory.
>?//: Prepare to enter the Grid. It’s almost your turn. Ready? TRON Lightcycle/Run opens at Magic Kingdom Park on 04/04/23_
Head to the Disney Parks blog to learn more: https://t.co/RkMWsVeOG5 pic.twitter.com/98iMb6LqRB
— Walt Disney World (@WaltDisneyWorld) January 10, 2023
Happily Ever After and EPCOT Forever
It was also announced that two nighttime spectaculars will be returning to Walt Disney World on April 3, 2023.
“Happily Ever After” is back at Magic Kingdom, replacing “Disney Enchanted,” and it will feature new projections down Main Street, U.S.A., to complement the original projection mapping across Cinderella Castle.
“EPCOT Forever” is also back, but for a limited time.
An all-new nighttime spectacular will debut at EPCOT later this year for the “Disney 100” celebration, so Disney is bringing back this show as a bridge between the current show, “Harmonious” and this new currently untitled show.
This announcement also means that April 2, 2023 will also be the last night to see both “Disney Enchanted” and “Harmonious” in person.
Starting today, January 10, overnight self-parking will once again be offered complimentary to all guests staying at Disney Resort hotels at Walt Disney World.
This is a HUGE savings for guests who rent a car or bring their own on a Walt Disney World vacation.
Sometime in the next few months, Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will be able to visit the theme parks after 2pm without needing a park reservation. You heard right…no park reservation needed for WDW Passholders when visiting after 2pm.
Exceptions will be on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom Park, where reservations will still be needed. Pass block-out dates will continue to apply, as well.
Passholders will also receive access to Disney PhotoPass lenses and one complimentary Cinderella Castle Mural of Memories experience (age restrictions apply).
And finally, Disney Parks is working on a new offering for WDW Passholders that will allow them to create and share short Disney-themed video slideshows with favorite photos from theme park visits.
That definitely sounds interesting, doesn’t it?
Beginning in the next few months, guests purchasing Disney Genie+ service will also receive digital downloads of their Disney PhotoPass attraction photos, taken in the park on the day of their purchase, at no additional charge.
That definitely gives an added value to a Disney Genie+ purchase.
An exact launch date for this to start will be announced at a later date, according to Disney Parks, and I’ll let you know when they do.
- Taco Bell Tests Vegan Crunchwrap in Orlando - June 8, 2023
- Out and About: Broadway Takes Orlando “Into the Woods” And It’s a Hilarious Journey - June 7, 2023
- Fun Spot America Theme Parks Celebrates 25th Anniversary with $25 Ticket Deal on June 10, 2023 - June 6, 2023
- Daytona Lagoon in Daytona Beach Launches Summer Character Series June 4, 2023 - May 30, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center to Host Broadway’s ‘Into the Woods’ For Only Florida Shows June 6-11, 2023 - May 28, 2023
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023