One of the best part of the holidays is driving around and seeing all the lights and decorations, and a new attraction, Christmas Nights in Lights, taps into that beloved tradition with a drive-through experience in the back parking lot of Dezerland Action Park.
Read on for our review, more photos, and a discount code on tickets!
We were invited to a media night to check out this attraction, and we were one of the first ones to go through for the evening.
Just as it got dark, we pulled up at the entrance. We could see so many light-up decorations from trees to tunnels, and after some instructions to drive slow and follow the arrows, we entered the Night in Lights maze.
We were instructed to turn our radio to 90.5FM for a stream of holiday music that started out a little fuzzy but came through strong once we entered the main part of the maze.
A countdown of various numbered displays started the tour, and then we were off, driving the aisles of the parking lot.
The drive-through experience takes about 20-30 minutes, and features snowmen, wise men, Christmas toy soldiers, ballerinas, the family Truckster, Christmas trees, and tunnels of lights that pulse to the holiday music beaming into the car.
Songs included Christmas classics like “Rudolf the Red-Nose Reindeer” and “Jingle Bell Rock,” along with newer tunes like Trans-Siberian Orchestra’s “Carol of the Bells,” and even Queen Elsa singing “Let It Go.”
Overall I found it to be an extremely fun holiday experience. We enjoyed spotting the various characters, and watching the walls of light dance to the music. I think the light tunnel at the end was our favorite part…we could have done an entire maze of those.
The only issues we had were the arrows were a bit dim at times so it was hard to spot them to make the turns, and there are speed bumps in random places in the aisles which you can’t see in advance due to the darkness of the parking lot.
Christmas Nights in Lights is located on the backside of Dezerland Action Park at the intersection of north International Drive and Oakridge Rd. The entrance to the holiday attraction can be found behind the Cinemark theaters on the north end of the building.
It is open 6-11 p.m. nightly through Jan. 1, 2023.
Tickets cost $45 (plus taxes and fees) for a vehicle of up to 8 people, and $65 (plus taxes and fees) for vehicles with 9-15 occupants. Season passes are available starting at $350.
Receive $5 off per ticket / vehicle by using code GIFT5OFF. Hurry for the best time slots! Code expires December 15, 2022.
Pets and snacks are allowed, but everyone must remain in their vehicles while in the attraction.
For tickets and information, visit nightsinlights.com.
- ‘Hadestown’ Comes to the Dr. Phillips Center in Orlando December 13–18, 2022 - December 2, 2022
- The Santa Workshop Experience Returns To Orlando’s ICON Park for 2022 - December 1, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide to 2022 Holiday Events in Central Florida - November 30, 2022
- Places to Donate on Giving Tuesday 2022 in Central Florida - November 29, 2022
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The Holidays - November 25, 2022
- Central Florida And Orlando Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2022 - November 24, 2022
- Celebrate Orlando’s Diversity at the Free FusionFest This Weekend - November 23, 2022
- Out and About: Christmas Nights in Lights is a Fun Family Holiday Drive-Through Event - November 21, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2022 In Orlando - November 18, 2022
- Out and About: SeaWorld Orlando Gives First Look at Ride Vehicle for New ‘Pipeline’ Coaster at IAAPA - November 16, 2022