Sonny’s BBQ recently introduced a new limited-time menu item called BBQ Bowls, and we were invited to a local location for a taste test.
We visited the Lee Vista location in Orlando, which is our favorite location of the brand, shortly before the dinner rush to try this new menu offering.
Pitmaster Select Bowls
There are three “Pitmaster Select Bowls” with pre-made selections, and they are:
The Classic BBQ bowl features pulled pork, BBQ beans, and mac and cheese topped with coleslaw, onion straws and sweet BBQ sauce.
This is a comfort bowl of BBQ deliciousness. It’s your favorite BBQ pulled pork (moist and tender) with your favorite sides in one bowl.
The Kickin’ Chicken bowl includes buffalo fried chicken tenders, tater tots, and mac and cheese topped with bacon and ranch dressing.
This to me is a game day bowl – something you would eat at a BBQ tailgate or home watch party.
If you want to add an extra layer of flavor to the Buffalo hot sauce, ask for a light toss, and add a drizzle Sonny’s sweet BBQ sauce.
The Smokin’ Brisket bowl includes chopped brisket, new BBQ Dirty Rice, and BBQ beans topped with Fritos®, jalepeños and Smokin’ Ranch sauce.
With the dirty rice base, this felt like a tasty Louisiana Cajun BBQ. The dirty rice also had slices of Sonny’s cheddar jalapeno hot links mixed in. The spiciness of this dish was just right.
I have to be honest…I wasn’t enjoying the Fritos in this because they got soggy, and I would probably switch it out for onion strings next time…or build my own bowl.
Build Your Own
We also tried the Build Your Own Bowl option, which allows a choice of 2 bases, 1 meat, 2 sauces, and 2 toppings from an extensive list of options.
We chose mac & cheese and tots for the base, chopped brisket for the meat, Sonny’s sweet sauce and ranch for the sauces, and onion straws and bacon for our options.
It was fun to create, and even more fun to eat as our choices were delicious together.
The Final Verdict
If you’re looking for a wallet-friendly tasty BBQ meal, give the BBQ Bowls at your local Sonny’s BBQ a try. Everything we tried (except the Fritos) hit the spot, and with the Bowls starting at $10.99, they are a great deal, as well.
Visit SonnysBBQ.com for your nearest location or more info.
Disclaimer: CSO was invited to a media tasting. As always, our opinions are honest, and our own.
- Huey Magoo’s to Grand Open in Downtown Orlando August 17, 2022 .. #HueyMagoos #OrlandoFoodies #DowntownOrlando - August 16, 2022
- SeaWorld Orlando Issues Challenge for National Roller Coaster Day Aug. 16 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #RollerCoasters #NationalRollerCoasterDay - August 15, 2022
- Universal Orlando To Host Passholder Appreciation Days Aug 15 – Sept 30, 2022 .. #UniversalOrlando #UOAP #PassholderAppreciationDays - August 12, 2022
- ‘Sip And Savor’ Highlights Orlando Restaurants And Bars Aug 8-21, 2022 .. #SipandSavorOTown #Foodies #EatLocal - August 8, 2022
- SeaWorld Orlando Craft Beer Festival Returns Starting Aug 5, 2022 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #CraftBeer #Orlando - August 4, 2022
- Brightline Construction Road Closures for August 2022 .. #Brightline #Orlando - August 3, 2022
- Museum of Illusions Orlando Hosting Back-To-School Giveaway Aug 1-7, 2022 .. #MuseumofIllusions #MOIOrlando #ICONPark - July 31, 2022
- Bites & Bubbles Kicks Off Happy Hour August 1, 2022 .. #BitesandBubbles #HappyHour #OrlandoHappyHours - July 30, 2022
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns July 25-Aug 7, 2022 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool #FloridaSchools - July 24, 2022
- MagicBand+ Launches at Walt Disney World July 27 .. #WaltDisneyWorld #MagicBandPlus - July 21, 2022