Sonny’s BBQ recently introduced a new limited-time menu item called BBQ Bowls, and we were invited to a local location for a taste test.
We visited the Lee Vista location in Orlando, which is our favorite location of the brand, shortly before the dinner rush to try this new menu offering.
Pitmaster Select Bowls
There are three “Pitmaster Select Bowls” with pre-made selections, and they are:
The Classic BBQ bowl features pulled pork, BBQ beans, and mac and cheese topped with coleslaw, onion straws and sweet BBQ sauce.
This is a comfort bowl of BBQ deliciousness. It’s your favorite BBQ pulled pork (moist and tender) with your favorite sides in one bowl.
The Kickin’ Chicken bowl includes buffalo fried chicken tenders, tater tots, and mac and cheese topped with bacon and ranch dressing.
This to me is a game day bowl – something you would eat at a BBQ tailgate or home watch party.
If you want to add an extra layer of flavor to the Buffalo hot sauce, ask for a light toss, and add a drizzle Sonny’s sweet BBQ sauce.
The Smokin’ Brisket bowl includes chopped brisket, new BBQ Dirty Rice, and BBQ beans topped with Fritos®, jalepeños and Smokin’ Ranch sauce.
With the dirty rice base, this felt like a tasty Louisiana Cajun BBQ. The dirty rice also had slices of Sonny’s cheddar jalapeno hot links mixed in. The spiciness of this dish was just right.
I have to be honest…I wasn’t enjoying the Fritos in this because they got soggy, and I would probably switch it out for onion strings next time…or build my own bowl.
Build Your Own
We also tried the Build Your Own Bowl option, which allows a choice of 2 bases, 1 meat, 2 sauces, and 2 toppings from an extensive list of options.
We chose mac & cheese and tots for the base, chopped brisket for the meat, Sonny’s sweet sauce and ranch for the sauces, and onion straws and bacon for our options.
It was fun to create, and even more fun to eat as our choices were delicious together.
The Final Verdict
If you’re looking for a wallet-friendly tasty BBQ meal, give the BBQ Bowls at your local Sonny’s BBQ a try. Everything we tried (except the Fritos) hit the spot, and with the Bowls starting at $10.99, they are a great deal, as well.
Visit SonnysBBQ.com for your nearest location or more info.
Disclaimer: CSO was invited to a media tasting. As always, our opinions are honest, and our own.
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts Announces Opening Date for New Venue Called Judson’s Live - December 1, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando Reveals Initial Line-Up of Guests for 2024 Event - November 30, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To 2023 Holiday Events In Central Florida - November 29, 2023
- Places To Donate On #GivingTuesday 2023 In Central Florida - November 28, 2023
- Out and About: Jeff’s Bagel Run Introduces Holiday Flavors for the Season - November 22, 2023
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens Nov. 24, 2023-Jan. 06, 2024 - November 13, 2023
- The Holidays at Universal Orlando Return Nov. 17 Throughout the Resort - November 11, 2023
- HOLIDAYS at LEGOLAND Florida Return Nov. 24-Dec. 31, 2023 - November 10, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando’s 2023 Christmas Celebration Kicks Off Nov. 10 - November 9, 2023
- Get Free Tickets to ‘Thanksgiving’ Advance Movie Screening In Orlando - November 8, 2023