Last weekend CitySurfing Orlando was invited to a media event to experience the return of “Electric Ocean” nights at SeaWorld Orlando.
We had several hours to experience the park and its offerings, and here’s what we thought:
“Electric Ocean” Food and Drink
We first got a tasting of some dishes from the Latin-inspired food created by Chef Jomar Rios Berly, along with the Coaster-inspired beverages, both offered for purchase during the event.
The empanadas were delicious and came in both chicken and beef versions. They were mildly spicy and the avocado sauce matched both perfectly.
There were also other dishes on display like skewers, and sandwiches.
I tried a few sips of the Mako, made with Milagros Tequila, blueberry syrup, pineapple juice, and lime sour. It was a very tasty blueberry margarita.
Guests can find booths set up around the lake offering up these tasty treats.
And if you’re 21+, and enjoy a cold brew, make sure you stop by Waterway Grill from 10:30am until 1 hour prior to park close for one complimentary 7-ounce beer.
Sesame Street Land
After sampling the food and drink, we were left to our own devices the rest of the evening in the park, and after watching the Ice Breaker coaster from the back side of it, I made a bee-line to Sesame Street Land.
It was my first time in this newer section of the park, but it’s definitely one of my favorites, now.
Lots of rides like Abby’s Flower Tower and Elmo’s Choo Choo Train looked like so much fun for kids of all ages, and on a extra hot summer night, Rubber Duckie Water Works had so many kids running through the extra large water pad area.
The music was groovin’ too, with classic tracks like Oscar’s “No! No! No!” and Ernie’s “Put Down the Duckie.”
I apologize to the woman I scared singing that last song.
I’m definitely going to return for a longer visit, and hopefully the Eats on the Street food truck area will be open because the the menu on the “Yummy Yummy Nom Nom” truck looks…well…yummy.
The list of shows said there was a 7pm “Elmo Rocks” show, but by 7:10pm, it wasn’t happening and we and others headed on to have fun elsewhere.
My choice was the new “Rescue Tails: Night Vision” vision show, which features nocturnal rescued animals. We got to meet some awesome critters like a possum, a raccoon, an owl, and more.
Two thumbs up for the rescues and for the show.
By the time the show let up, it was time to grab a seat for the “Ignite 360” show. We were going to head to Bayside Stadium, but got there as they were closing the bridge.
We instead grabbed a spot near the bridge, along The Waterfront, which let us see everything happening all around the lake.
It’s quite a show, incorporating fireworks, pyrotechnics, water fountains, and laser lights, and with a cool nighttime breeze, made for the perfect end to our evening at “Electric Ocean.”
We enjoyed the vibe of “Electric Ocean,” even if the DJ was a bit loud in areas (yes, I’m old LOL).
There were plenty of photo ops, the food was tasty, the shows were entertaining, and the later closing time gave us more time to enjoy everything.
Best of all, the “Electric Ocean” festivities (except food and drink) are included with park admission.
And later this summer there will be headlining concerts at Bayside Stadium on weekends, too. More details on that when we get them.
If you’re going to visit SeaWorld Orlando this summer, definitely pick an “Electric Ocean” evening.
That would be Fridays through Sundays through June 19, daily June 24 through August 7, and then Fridays through Sundays August 12 through September 4, along with Labor Day September 5.
For more information, visit SeaWorldOrlando.com.
Disclaimer: CitySurfing Orlando was invited to a media preview. As always, my opinion is honest, and my own.
- Universal Orlando Reveals Mardi Gras 2023 Details Including Live Concert Line-Up - January 17, 2023
- ‘Wicked’ Returns To Orlando’s Dr Phillips Center For Extended Engagement Jan 25–Feb 12, 2023 - January 16, 2023
- The ‘Riverdance’ 25th Anniversary Show Dances into Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center Jan 20-22, 2023 - January 12, 2023
- Walt Disney World News: Opening Date for ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’, Nighttime Shows Returning, and Updates for Guests and Passholders - January 10, 2023
- Chase Padgett Brings Acclaimed ‘6 Guitars’ Show to Orlando’s Renaissance Theatre Company January 6-29, 2023 - January 4, 2023
- Daytona Boat Show Returns to Daytona International Speedway Jan 13-15, 2023 - January 3, 2023
- ‘Tina – The Tina Turner Musical’ Rocks Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center Jan 10-15, 2023 - January 2, 2023
- Out And About: A New Publix Has Opened at Town Center at O-Town West - January 1, 2023
- The Wheel at ICON Park Evacuated After Power Outage on New Year’s Eve - January 1, 2023
- “Jurassic World Live Tour” Roars Into Orlando’s Amway Center Jan 13-16, 2023 + We Have a Discount Code! - December 30, 2022