Last weekend CitySurfing Orlando was invited to a media event to experience the return of “Electric Ocean” nights at SeaWorld Orlando.
We had several hours to experience the park and its offerings, and here’s what we thought:
“Electric Ocean” Food and Drink
We first got a tasting of some dishes from the Latin-inspired food created by Chef Jomar Rios Berly, along with the Coaster-inspired beverages, both offered for purchase during the event.
The empanadas were delicious and came in both chicken and beef versions. They were mildly spicy and the avocado sauce matched both perfectly.
There were also other dishes on display like skewers, and sandwiches.
I tried a few sips of the Mako, made with Milagros Tequila, blueberry syrup, pineapple juice, and lime sour. It was a very tasty blueberry margarita.
Guests can find booths set up around the lake offering up these tasty treats.
And if you’re 21+, and enjoy a cold brew, make sure you stop by Waterway Grill from 10:30am until 1 hour prior to park close for one complimentary 7-ounce beer.
Sesame Street Land
After sampling the food and drink, we were left to our own devices the rest of the evening in the park, and after watching the Ice Breaker coaster from the back side of it, I made a bee-line to Sesame Street Land.
It was my first time in this newer section of the park, but it’s definitely one of my favorites, now.
Lots of rides like Abby’s Flower Tower and Elmo’s Choo Choo Train looked like so much fun for kids of all ages, and on a extra hot summer night, Rubber Duckie Water Works had so many kids running through the extra large water pad area.
The music was groovin’ too, with classic tracks like Oscar’s “No! No! No!” and Ernie’s “Put Down the Duckie.”
I apologize to the woman I scared singing that last song.
I’m definitely going to return for a longer visit, and hopefully the Eats on the Street food truck area will be open because the the menu on the “Yummy Yummy Nom Nom” truck looks…well…yummy.
The list of shows said there was a 7pm “Elmo Rocks” show, but by 7:10pm, it wasn’t happening and we and others headed on to have fun elsewhere.
My choice was the new “Rescue Tails: Night Vision” vision show, which features nocturnal rescued animals. We got to meet some awesome critters like a possum, a raccoon, an owl, and more.
Two thumbs up for the rescues and for the show.
By the time the show let up, it was time to grab a seat for the “Ignite 360” show. We were going to head to Bayside Stadium, but got there as they were closing the bridge.
We instead grabbed a spot near the bridge, along The Waterfront, which let us see everything happening all around the lake.
It’s quite a show, incorporating fireworks, pyrotechnics, water fountains, and laser lights, and with a cool nighttime breeze, made for the perfect end to our evening at “Electric Ocean.”
We enjoyed the vibe of “Electric Ocean,” even if the DJ was a bit loud in areas (yes, I’m old LOL).
There were plenty of photo ops, the food was tasty, the shows were entertaining, and the later closing time gave us more time to enjoy everything.
Best of all, the “Electric Ocean” festivities (except food and drink) are included with park admission.
And later this summer there will be headlining concerts at Bayside Stadium on weekends, too. More details on that when we get them.
If you’re going to visit SeaWorld Orlando this summer, definitely pick an “Electric Ocean” evening.
That would be Fridays through Sundays through June 19, daily June 24 through August 7, and then Fridays through Sundays August 12 through September 4, along with Labor Day September 5.
For more information, visit SeaWorldOrlando.com.
Disclaimer: CitySurfing Orlando was invited to a media preview. As always, my opinion is honest, and my own.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2022 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #OrlandoHolidays #VisitOrlando - June 29, 2022
- Out and About: Tasting the New BBQ Bowls at Sonny’s BBQ .. @SonnysBBQ #OrlandoBBQ - June 27, 2022
- Swamp Sistas Hold 2022 Summer Hope For Kids Fundraiser .. @SwampSistas @FeedHopeNow #FightHunger - June 22, 2022
- ‘Red Hot & Boom’ Returns to Altamonte Springs July 3, 2022 .. #RedHotBoom #WXXL #AltamonteSprings - June 15, 2022
- Out and About: Experiencing ‘Electric Ocean’ at SeaWorld Orlando .. #SeaWorldOrlando #ElectricOcean - June 13, 2022
- Sonny’s BBQ Introduces New Limited-Time BBQ Bowls .. @SonnysBBQ #OrlandoBBQ - June 9, 2022
- Out and About: ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ at Dr. Phillips Center .. #JCSTheMusical #DrPhillipsCenter #OrlandoArts #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - June 8, 2022
- Sixth Annual CommUNITY Rainbow Run and Festival Benefiting onePULSE Foundation To Be Held June 4 .. #CommUNITYRainbowRun #OnePULSE #CharityEvents - June 2, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To Celebrating National Donut Day June 3, 2022 .. #NationalDonutDay #OrlandoDonuts #OrlandoDoughnuts - June 2, 2022
- Orlando Weekly’s Bite30 Returns Starting June 1, 2022 .. #bite30 #OrlandoDining #Foodies - May 31, 2022