The first Friday in July is designated as National Donut Day. This year, the food holiday falls on June 3, 2022, and several places are taking part in the celebration.
National Doughnut Day started in 1938 as a fund raiser for Chicago’s The Salvation Army. Their goal was to help those in need during the Great Depression, and to honor The Salvation Army “Lassies” of World War I, who served doughnuts to soldiers.
Here are the places offering free donuts and other deals on National Donut Day 2022:
THE DONUT KING
Leesburg, Minneola, and Winter Park. A free glazed donut is their gift to you on National Donut Day. No purchase necessary.
Multiple locations. Get a free classic donut with the purchase of any beverage. This includes glazed, frosted, jelly, and more.
EVERGLAZED DONUTS & COLD BREW
Disney Springs. Debuting a new ???? ????? plus free Coozies & T-Shirts while supplies last, photo ops, and more.
THE GLASS KNIFE
Winter Park. From 8am until they run out, they’ll be offering a Mimosa Donut, a 24-hour buttermilk brioche stuffed with a bright orange and champagne curd, capped with a delicate champagne glaze, finished with elegant crisp pearls and fizzy pop rock candy.
Multiple locations. Enjoy one free doughnut of your choice, no purchase necessary. Plus, enjoy a $1 Original Glazed dozen with any dozen purchase.
THE SALTY DONUT
Orlando (Audubon Park). Will offer two special donut flavors today only:
- Cookies + Cream “Spill” Donut, a 24hr mini brioche scooped out and filled with mini chocolate chips + crushed oreo, traditional glaze + topped with mascarpone whipped cream
- Rainbow Cookie “Spill” Donut, a 24hr mini brioche scooped out and filled with rainbow shortbread cookies + mini m&ms, traditional glaze + topped with mascarpone whipped cream.
Orlando (SoDo). Will have a one-day only donut flavor available in addition to the regular offerings.
SMOKE AND DONUTS
Orlando. Located at A la Cart Orlando, buy a donut on National Donut day and get a card for a free donut on your next visit.
Universal Orlando CityWalk. Offering $1 Homers with partial proceeds going to the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America.
OTHER DONUT OPTIONS
Valkyrie Doughnuts, Orlando (all vegan)
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023
- Limited Time ‘Shrimpwich’ Comes to Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips at ICON Park - April 26, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Chicago’ 25th Anniversary Tour at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center April 18-23, 2023 - April 7, 2023