The newest thrill ride, “Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind,” is set to open this week at EPCOT on May 27, and it will quickly become your favorite Disney attraction.
This coaster has several elements, including speed and spinning, set to music, with plenty of special effects.
The story takes place at the “Wonders of Xandar” Pavilion, where guests first learn the history of the planet Xandar (heavily featured in the first “Guardians of the Galaxy” film) and the Guardians role in saving the planet.
Apparently Eson The Celestial is still searching for the Power Stone, and his search brings him to Earth during your visit.
And it’s not a Guardian’s adventure without some great tunes, and the Disney Imagineers have whittled the choices down to an “Awesome Mix” of six songs that will play at random on each ride:
- “Disco Inferno”
- “Everybody Wants to Rule the World”
- “I Ran”
- “One Way or Another”
Because Disney expects the demand for this attraction to be high, they have announced they will be using a Virtual Queue from opening day until further notice.
Guests will have three choices to get in the Virtual Queue:
- At 7am on the day of their reservation.
- At 1pm on the day of their reservation, but guests must actually be inside Epcot to access the queue.
- At 6pm, but only if they are registered guests of a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort, or other select hotels and EPCOT has extended evening park hours for that day.
At this time, there will not be a standby queue option for guests, until further notice, though the attraction may be available as a Lightning Lane selection soon.
Everyone I know that has ridden “Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind” has raved about this attraction, and its ride vehicles are not only size-friendly, but there is a door flap that can open on one row to make it easier to transfer from a wheelchair.
“Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind” is located left of “Spaceship Earth,” where the “Universe of Energy” pavilion used to be.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2022 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #OrlandoHolidays #VisitOrlando - June 29, 2022
- Out and About: Tasting the New BBQ Bowls at Sonny’s BBQ .. @SonnysBBQ #OrlandoBBQ - June 27, 2022
- Swamp Sistas Hold 2022 Summer Hope For Kids Fundraiser .. @SwampSistas @FeedHopeNow #FightHunger - June 22, 2022
- ‘Red Hot & Boom’ Returns to Altamonte Springs July 3, 2022 .. #RedHotBoom #WXXL #AltamonteSprings - June 15, 2022
- Out and About: Experiencing ‘Electric Ocean’ at SeaWorld Orlando .. #SeaWorldOrlando #ElectricOcean - June 13, 2022
- Sonny’s BBQ Introduces New Limited-Time BBQ Bowls .. @SonnysBBQ #OrlandoBBQ - June 9, 2022
- Out and About: ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ at Dr. Phillips Center .. #JCSTheMusical #DrPhillipsCenter #OrlandoArts #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - June 8, 2022
- Sixth Annual CommUNITY Rainbow Run and Festival Benefiting onePULSE Foundation To Be Held June 4 .. #CommUNITYRainbowRun #OnePULSE #CharityEvents - June 2, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To Celebrating National Donut Day June 3, 2022 .. #NationalDonutDay #OrlandoDonuts #OrlandoDoughnuts - June 2, 2022
- Orlando Weekly’s Bite30 Returns Starting June 1, 2022 .. #bite30 #OrlandoDining #Foodies - May 31, 2022