The newest thrill ride, “Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind,” is set to open this week at EPCOT on May 27, and it will quickly become your favorite Disney attraction.
This coaster has several elements, including speed and spinning, set to music, with plenty of special effects.
The story takes place at the “Wonders of Xandar” Pavilion, where guests first learn the history of the planet Xandar (heavily featured in the first “Guardians of the Galaxy” film) and the Guardians role in saving the planet.
Apparently Eson The Celestial is still searching for the Power Stone, and his search brings him to Earth during your visit.
And it’s not a Guardian’s adventure without some great tunes, and the Disney Imagineers have whittled the choices down to an “Awesome Mix” of six songs that will play at random on each ride:
- “Disco Inferno”
- “Everybody Wants to Rule the World”
- “I Ran”
- “One Way or Another”
Because Disney expects the demand for this attraction to be high, they have announced they will be using a Virtual Queue from opening day until further notice.
Guests will have three choices to get in the Virtual Queue:
- At 7am on the day of their reservation.
- At 1pm on the day of their reservation, but guests must actually be inside Epcot to access the queue.
- At 6pm, but only if they are registered guests of a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort, or other select hotels and EPCOT has extended evening park hours for that day.
At this time, there will not be a standby queue option for guests, until further notice, though the attraction may be available as a Lightning Lane selection soon.
Everyone I know that has ridden “Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind” has raved about this attraction, and its ride vehicles are not only size-friendly, but there is a door flap that can open on one row to make it easier to transfer from a wheelchair.
“Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind” is located left of “Spaceship Earth,” where the “Universe of Energy” pavilion used to be.
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023
- The 32nd Annual Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival Kicks Off May 16, 2023 - May 9, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks To Celebrate Mother’s Day 2023 - May 7, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘My Fair Lady’ at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center May 9-14, 2023 - May 1, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando Reveals Opening Date of Pipeline Coaster - April 30, 2023
- Out and About: ‘The Great Florida Road Trip’ Opens at The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando - April 28, 2023
- Limited Time ‘Shrimpwich’ Comes to Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips at ICON Park - April 26, 2023
- Broadway In Orlando Presents ‘Chicago’ 25th Anniversary Tour at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center April 18-23, 2023 - April 7, 2023