Orlando opera fans, our city’s very own Opera Orlando will perform Verdi’s “Rigoletto” at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts on April 22 and 24, 2022.
“Rigoletto” closes out Opera Orlando’s 2021/22 Verdi season in fine style.
This riveting melodrama is a compelling depiction of the callousness of the ruling class at the expense of those beneath them.
When the cavalier and nefarious Duke of Mantua sets his sights on an embittered servant’s innocent daughter, her overprotective father will stop at nothing to exact revenge on his powerful boss.
“This is a fantastic story with so many twists and turns,” expressed Opera Orlando’s general director Gabriel Preisser. “The Company has assembled an exciting cast that will have you on the edge of your seat with outstanding vocals to christen Steinmetz Hall with opera.”
The production features Korean baritone SeungHyeon Baek in the title role, Metropolitan Opera soprano Lindsay Ohse as Gilda, and renowned tenor Kirk Dougherty as the dastardly Duke.
This original and thrilling production is led by Metropolitan Opera conductor Gregory Buchalter and directed by international stage director Katheleen Belcher, both making their Opera Orlando debuts.
The production will be sung in Italian with English supertitles, featuring members of the Opera Orlando Chorus and dancers from Orlando Ballet.
It will also be the very first opera performance at the new acoustically perfect Steinmetz Hall at the Dr. Phillips Center, making this a don’t miss experience!
Tickets start at only $19, and are available at DrPhillipsCenter.org and the venue box office.
Performances are on Friday, April 22 at 7:30pm and Sunday, April 24 at 2pm.
For more information, please visit OperaOrlando.org.
- Orange County Regional History Center Offering Free Admission to See Pulse Memorial Crosses - June 9, 2023
- Taco Bell Tests Vegan Crunchwrap in Orlando - June 8, 2023
- Out and About: Broadway Takes Orlando “Into the Woods” And It’s a Hilarious Journey - June 7, 2023
- Fun Spot America Theme Parks Celebrates 25th Anniversary with $25 Ticket Deal on June 10, 2023 - June 6, 2023
- onePULSE Foundation Announces Seven-Year Anniversary Pulse Remembrance Week Activities - June 1, 2023
- Daytona Lagoon in Daytona Beach Launches Summer Character Series June 4, 2023 - May 30, 2023
- Dr. Phillips Center to Host Broadway’s ‘Into the Woods’ For Only Florida Shows June 6-11, 2023 - May 28, 2023
- Orlando VA Healthcare System to Host Memorial Day Ceremony on May 26, 2023 - May 24, 2023
- Lonely Dog Immersive Experience Hosts Grand Opening Weekend May 27-28, 2023 - May 22, 2023
- Visit Orlando Announces Increase in Visitation Numbers for 2022 Ranking City #1 U.S. Travel Destination - May 12, 2023